File Structure/Management +more

klintala

Reaction score
Thumbnails
1)in .thumbnail there were multiples of pictures I've taken with my camera.
not sure why they are there.. but I removed them and everything seems normal
2) I find Words With Friends saves my friends pictures and they end up getting saved to dcim/.thumbnail
not sure how or why. I open WWF, it loads my friends and saves their profile pictures into WWF/FBImages.. which makes perfect sense.
But if I turn off my phone and turn it back on, those images end up in dcim/.thumbnail, but are removed from WWF/FBImages

Running Apps
3) com.motorola.bluetooth is frequently running.. BlluetoothMapService, any ideas?
also com.motorola.in.service MIMConnectivityService and RemoteImService
com.motorols.process.system pollschedulerService
..all of the other ones have an obvious purpose.. but I can't determine those^, and if I should manually end them or not

Unidentified Folders
4) not too sure whats going on w/ the .motorolagalleryonlinecache folder
and .taggedfriendphotos
also burstlyImageCache.. couldn't seem to figure that one out.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a good guide to the ins and out of androids file structure? I'm use to OSX, so I'm new to linux!I just noticed that some downloaded application files seemed strangely placed.like one pic app.. saved a picture right in /mnt/sdcard.. not within any app folder.I don't want to double up on files.. and I want to know where everything is and goes!
Not really. Each app can set up its own folder structure on your SD card so there's no way to create a universal guide.

You realize that both OSX and Linux share a common ancestor, right?

OP
K

klintala

Reaction score
Not really. Each app can set up its own folder structure on your SD card so there's no way to create a universal guide.

You realize that both OSX and Linux share a common ancestor, right?

Yep! I just know the ins and outs of my computer. What I can delete, what files/folders do what. I know my file extensions.
I would like for it to be the same for my phone!

Any help on any of the above is GREATLY appreciated!

OP
K

klintala

Reaction score
I edited my initial post hoping that I will be more likely to receive feedback if my post isn't so cluttered.
I took a bit out, so hopefully more people will read and be able to help with what they can.