Several Confusions

klintala

Reaction score
Thumbnails
1)in .thumbnail there were multiples of pictures I've taken with my camera.
not sure why they are there.. but I removed them and everything seems normal
2) I find Words With Friends saves my friends pictures and they end up getting saved to dcim/.thumbnail
not sure how or why. I open WWF, it loads my friends and saves their profile pictures into WWF/FBImages.. which makes perfect sense.
But if I turn off my phone and turn it back on, those images end up in dcim/.thumbnail, but are removed from WWF/FBImages

Running Apps
3) com.motorola.bluetooth is frequently running.. BlluetoothMapService, any ideas?
also com.motorola.in.service MIMConnectivityService and RemoteImService
com.motorols.process.system pollschedulerService
..all of the other ones have an obvious purpose.. but I can't determine those^, and if I should manually end them or not

Unidentified Folders
4) not too sure whats going on w/ the .motorolagalleryonlinecache folder
and .taggedfriendphotos
also burstlyImageCache.. couldn't seem to figure that one out.

I posted this in the general Android forum, but I'm hoping that anyone having similar experiences on a D3 could help me out!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Thumbnails
1)in .thumbnail there were multiples of pictures I've taken with my camera.
not sure why they are there.. but I removed them and everything seems normal
2) I find Words With Friends saves my friends pictures and they end up getting saved to dcim/.thumbnail
not sure how or why. I open WWF, it loads my friends and saves their profile pictures into WWF/FBImages.. which makes perfect sense.
But if I turn off my phone and turn it back on, those images end up in dcim/.thumbnail, but are removed from WWF/FBImages

Running Apps
3) com.motorola.bluetooth is frequently running.. BlluetoothMapService, any ideas?
also com.motorola.in.service MIMConnectivityService and RemoteImService
com.motorols.process.system pollschedulerService
..all of the other ones have an obvious purpose.. but I can't determine those^, and if I should manually end them or not

Unidentified Folders
4) not too sure whats going on w/ the .motorolagalleryonlinecache folder
and .taggedfriendphotos
also burstlyImageCache.. couldn't seem to figure that one out.

I posted this in the general Android forum, but I'm hoping that anyone having similar experiences on a D3 could help me out!

With the thumbnails. I would assume that its in the thumbnail folder because you have a thumbnail version and he full version. Thumbnail is the preview. That's my guess.

Can't help with the WWF don't use it

The running apps, if not using bluetooth you can end those. They should only restart on a reboot. The rest are things that need to run.

I don't have any of your unidentified folders. They must be created by an app. Some apps make folders on your sdcard to store certain things and they don't always have the same name as the app, I know its confusing. But those must be tied to some app you are using or have used.

Hope that helps some.

end of line...

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I'd be a little cautious removing things from the folder structure if you don't know what they are. The thumbnails are supposed to make redrawing your gallery screen a little faster. They no doubt got recreated after you ran the gallery again.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
I'd be a little cautious removing things from the folder structure if you don't know what they are. The thumbnails are supposed to make redrawing your gallery screen a little faster. They no doubt got recreated after you ran the gallery again.
Yea they should just be tiny images for caching purposes. Not really going to free up that much space by getting rid of them I wouldn't think.

OP
K

klintala

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! Very helpful.
Major EDIT:
I restart my phone. The thumbnail is in both .thumbnails and FBImages.
I delete it from .thumbnails and it still shows up in my library. I delete it from FBImages and it disappears from my library.
I open the app, and it stores the thumbnail in FBImage, but now it doesn't show up in My Library.
This is VERY CONFUSING.. I'm use to OSX and I've never experienced this kind of inconsistency between files/apps.

Last edited: