FF5 Advance not working on Gameboid?

DMFA

Reaction score
I'm going to email Yong (the dev) on this too, but...

I can't get Final Fantasy 5 Advance to work on Gameboid. Once I get through the opening scene to where Bartz is about to get on his chocobo, it resets every time.

I've tried it in every language. The app runs every other game just fine. The ROM file plays just fine on my computer's GBA emulator.

Is there a problem with a particular BIOS with that ROM? Has anyone else encountered this or fixed it? In the meantime I'll settle for the SNES translation...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
DMFA

DMFA

Reaction score
it keeps restarting in random places throughout the game...what I had to is start a game on the computer using Visual Boy Advance, save it after that point, and pick it up and play from there.

I still can't save/load anything the usual way after that point, but since it's an emulator all anyone really does is save states, anyway.

electricronin313

Reaction score
I had this same problem and fixed it w/o going to a computer. First i made a save state right before said reset. I set frame skip to max and set it to manual, then set screen refresh rate to max. Got through without resetting. The important thing is to make a save state right before the reset then mess with the settings in a way to "skip" past the resetting frame. Try that and see what happens

electricronin313

Reaction score
There are some other points that it reset but i got through it the same way. So far im about 15 hrs in and only had one frame reset other than the very beginning