Few questions

koralyne

Reaction score
Swype Dictionary: Is it possible to add new words to the swype dictionary, and is it possible to remove stock words from the dictionary? If so, how?

Screen timeout: Im having a bit of an issue with my screen timeout. whenever i set a timeout, it affects locked, and unlocked screens. I wanna have the phone timeout when locked, but never timeout when unlocked. any way to do this?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can answer one of your questions - to add a word to the swype dictionary - finder peck the word and press the spacebar, it has been added

Howdydoesit

Reaction score
Just in case you got confused at all, the previous post should say "finger" and not "finder". Basically, to add a word you just manually type it and when you hit the space bar...tada it's now in the dictionary.

To delete a word, you highlight it by double tapping the word and then press the button in the far right bottom of the keyboard...looks like a blue swype with a hand pointing a finger and an exclamation point. Swype should then ask if you want to remove the word from the dictionary. Seems to only work with certain words for me though.

As for your timeout question...i don't know.

Sent from my DROIDX using my Swype keyboard

lterry913

Reaction score
Screen mode widget will aloww you to set screen to never time out, act as droid normally does or even bypass screen lock.