Feature Request List

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I keep seeing people in the rom thread requesting an update as to when a new version of apex can be expected. I thought, why don't I start a thread where people can list the features they would like to see in a new version.

Here's my suggestions to start things off:
  • Data throttle removed
  • Some kind of toolbox app like some other roms have(to make using the scripts easier)
  • Put in just a little more awesome(you can never get too much)

That's about all I can think of. 1.3.1 is just amazing for me. I've tested most of all the other roms out there, but I just keep coming back to apex.

Thanks for the great work Fab...

lxadoz104

Reaction score
I was unaware that data throttle hack was built in. Would installing the patch have adverse effects? Regardless, it would be helpful to have ability to turn this on or off with script.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
devortex

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I was unaware that data throttle hack was built in. Would installing the patch have adverse effects? Regardless, it would be helpful to have ability to turn this on or off with script.

Hmm, some confusing text. Took me a minute to figure out where the confusion was, but now I got it.

I mentioned "Data Throttle Removed". This is because by default, the phone's have a data throttle enabled. The "hack" you speak of removes that throttle. Therefore, I would like to see the "hack" applied by default in the rom, therefore having the throttle removed. Make sense?

lxadoz104

Reaction score
Well the post with the hack zip must have been misread by me as I applied it. How can I revert back to the throttle enabled?

OP
devortex

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well the post with the hack zip must have been misread by me as I applied it. How can I revert back to the throttle enabled?

If you really want to put the throttle back, I would do the following:
  1. Open the apex 1.3.2 zip file
  2. browse to system/framework
  3. grab the services.jar file out of there and copy it into your android sdk folder (where you have adb)
  4. open command prompt on computer and cd to adb directory
  5. reboot phone into recovery with usb cable connected
  6. in recovery go to mounts and storage
  7. mount system
  8. type in command prompt: adb push services.jar /system/framework/
  9. hit enter
  10. then type: adb shell chmod 644 /system/framework/services.jar
  11. hit enter
  12. reboot phone

There may also be a zip floating around that you can just install via clockwork. But my way is more fun :)

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
GalaxyS style toggles in notification bar (like wifi, airplane mode, ect.)

And im a bit unclear... is there a data throttle remove script built into 1.3.1, or a zip we can apply ?

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Toolbox app and a Themer app (with preview) is about my only complaints.

maybe a better themed swype by default.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I'd like to see:
-Music controls for all music applications
-Rotary lockscreen option
-The "compose" icon in AOSP messaging fixed to the correct icon
-The bug where if you slide to unlock but don't unlock with pattern the slider comes back stuck fixed
-I like scripts and they should stay
-Data throttling script
-Removal of all live wallpapers except Nexus (so we can choose which ones we want, I hate all the extras)
-Be able to choose screen transitions.
-Notifications bar toggles would be nice, but I believe this can not happen for the X since it is locked down. I believe it is a CyanogenMod doing.

Thanks Fab, you ROCK!

KHeeney5

Reaction score
One more thing. I'd like to see the Gingerbread keyboard (the larger fixed one) included seperately from Swype or the Android Keyboard, so we can easily switch between the two without rebooting. Scripts would just switch between aosp black and white.

Drummer.graham

Reaction score
I like it just as it is. I finally have my x personally themed and set to my liking. I tried other roms and love apex so much better, i wouldnt update for another month at least. Spent way to much time on my current setup.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I agree. ApeX is perfect. But out of all the ones I listed, I'd like a few things.
-Music controls for any music app
-AOSP Messaging "compose" icon fixed
-Black notifications (instead of white)
-Added throttling script
-Separate MT and GB keyboards
-Remove all live wallpapers except the Nexus

So really just removing all unnecessary stuff and keeping it stock. I don't like when Developers put their own stuff in, such as personalization to the notification bar, etc. The stock look is a good look, just customization. That's why I love ApeX.

Drummer.graham

Reaction score
I could go along with some tweeks. I prefer to theme myself so i guess appearance isnt really that important to me. I just ninjamorph whatever i want in for a custom look. I just worry about apex becoming another liberty (gummy) clone. I tried it. Battery life was ok, no apex though. I prefer the apex package presentation better. I like the feel. You can pretty much add whatever you want to apex. Data throttle, oc, uv, different keyboards. Heck, i have a custom keyboard i made and installed myself so not even keyboards are a big deal. Ok, i will shut up. Lol

Higher_Ground

Reaction score
If you could change the color of the text on the "select text", "home", "page dn", "paste", etc keys in the swype keyboard so that they're legible. They are black on black right now and difficult to use since you have to memorize what key does what.

I'm really loving apex - it's my first ROM and I've had no need to look elsewhere