Feature Request List

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you could change the color of the text on the "select text", "home", "page dn", "paste", etc keys in the swype keyboard so that they're legible. They are black on black right now and difficult to use since you have to memorize what key does what.

I'm really loving apex - it's my first ROM and I've had no need to look elsewhere

Load the B&W mod

uploadfromtaptalk1295135799921.jpg

I have a thread here somewhere

Beamed from my DroidX

Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with Apex. Toolbox would be nice but you can do everything that you can do in the Liberty or Tranquility toolboxes via scripts or clockwork so no biggie there. I love how all the Darkslide icons are themed but thats no big deal since once I get off my lazy ass and learn to ninjamorph stuff that'll be something I can fix too.

Apex is the only ROM that has everything I want which is the blur dialer/camera/hdmi gallery/text and basically nothing else blur. I use my cardock all the time and I'm still amazed that ppl are still putting out ROMs that don't include the blur dialer or an AOSP one that someone built that can do landscape. I refuse to dial sideways and looking at incoming calls sideways makes my OCD go nuts lol.

I've tried:

Apex
Rubix
Gummy
Darkslide
Tranquility
Liberty
Rummy RX

Keep on coming back to Apex. 1.0 did have some issues but once 1.1 came out... that was basically all she wrote.

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
GalaxyS style toggles in notification bar (like wifi, airplane mode, ect.)

I second this. It's one of the few things I miss having from Cyanogenmod.

Its one of the things I feel Samsung got right. Of course, for cyanogenmod, we are making progress towards the ability to run a custom kernel on DroidX. Follow the thread here, and towards the end of the thread there's is a link to a site with more links to follow the progress of everything. If you know/are either a kernel programmer or someone at Motorola, let aliasxerog know! Lol. But yeah, I think it may happen sooner rather then later. And right now ApeX is the best by far. I've tried most ROMs available but ApeX has the best blend of blur and AOSP, and its easily the most polished. I do have a question. Is it possible to remove the messaging thing with the universal inbox so instead of blur syncing facebook contacts, its handled natively? Blur is terrible at it, but Liberty's implementation was spot on (and one of the few things I liked about it)

EDIT: Link to custom kernel thread, by request. i was on my phone when i made the OP, and linking is a pain (as y'all know, unless im missing something, in which case id love to know!)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/93955-getting-custom-kernels-running-droid-x.html

Droid_Junky

Reaction score
I would like to see an option to disable the slide to unlock. I prefer the pin lock which means slide to unlock and then pin lock every time. I've seen that this might be an option in GummyJar but have no intentions of switching from Apex!

and no...widget locker doesn't fix this issue. I end up with WL slide to unlock, slide lock and pin lock.

This dates back to the first update the X got. Once i recieved the update I got stuck with it. I've heard that others that rooted before the update don't have this problem.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I agree. Currently, if you slide to unlock and turn the screen off at the pattern screen, when you turn it back on the slider will be shown but all the way to the right.

I would like to see an option to disable the slide to unlock. I prefer the pin lock which means slide to unlock and then pin lock every time. I've seen that this might be an option in GummyJar but have no intentions of switching from Apex!

and no...widget locker doesn't fix this issue. I end up with WL slide to unlock, slide lock and pin lock.

This dates back to the first update the X got. Once i recieved the update I got stuck with it. I've heard that others that rooted before the update don't have this problem.

Sent from my DROIDX

JkdJedi

Reaction score
Well the post with the hack zip must have been misread by me as I applied it. How can I revert back to the throttle enabled?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

If you really want to put the throttle back, I would do the following:
  1. Open the apex 1.3.2 zip file
  2. browse to system/framework
  3. grab the services.jar file out of there and copy it into your android sdk folder (where you have adb)
  4. open command prompt on computer and cd to adb directory
  5. reboot phone into recovery with usb cable connected
  6. in recovery go to mounts and storage
  7. mount system
  8. type in command prompt: adb push services.jar /system/framework/
  9. hit enter
  10. then type: adb shell chmod 644 /system/framework/services.jar
  11. hit enter
  12. reboot phone

There may also be a zip floating around that you can just install via clockwork. But my way is more fun :)

Apex 1.3.2. File???

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JkdJedi

Reaction score
One more thing. I'd like to see the Gingerbread keyboard (the larger fixed one) included seperately from Swype or the Android Keyboard, so we can easily switch between the two without rebooting. Scripts would just switch between aosp black and white.

+1 on the LARGER GINGERBREAD keyboard. You there Fab?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Am I the only one who likes the smaller keyboard?

Sent from my DROIDX

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Haha, Touche. I got the big screen to see content, not keyboard. The small one seems just as accurate as the large (tried it on other roms) and allows you to see mute of the page content over the keyboard.

Maybe I'm just insane. Its a surprisingly possible explanation.

Sent from my DROIDX

250 or point 65

Reaction score
I tried Liberty as my first ROM this week and was completely disappointed. I hate to say it, but there are some things MOTO got right with Blur. I think ApeX nails just about every one of them. The only thing so far that I'd like to see changed...

I noticed in Liberty that when you type a text message in landscape, the button to the right of the text box is Send instead of Done. I hate that I have to push Done, then send. Done just does what the back button already does. Kinda annoying on Moto's part.

Fab, you really nailed it with this ROM. I am very very pleased with it.

millbean

Reaction score
Visitor mode like on the miui og droid rom or the dnd feature would be awesome

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The GalaxyS notifications are possible. I decided to try obsidian, and they are present in a slightly doffrrent but more customizable manner.

Sent from my DROIDX

droid fetish

Reaction score
rotary lock screen and music controls on lock screen for pandora, slacker.