FDR Recovery nightmare on Razr Maxx stock with ICS

bocabean

Reaction score
I had just finished restoring all of my apps from Google Play and my contacts/calendar from Outlook via DejaOffice following a fdr (first ran the fdr twice). I use Rerware MyBackup Pro and I had done a backup of all of my data, excluding contacts and calendars (I did not want to duplicate what DejaOffice would do separately).

The last step that I took was to finally restore my data (call logs, etc). As soon as that completed and everything listed as successful, I was shown a message in red that said to immediately reboot the phone for the data restore to take effect.

Once I rebooted the phone, every icon was gone with the exception of the Apps icon. Everything! I restarted the phone but that did not help. Tried the "clear cache" procedure by holding the power and volume buttons to go into recovery where I wiped the cache, but the same situation still exists.

It has taken well over a day to get those apps restored! Is there hopefully a setting somewhere that will restore the screens? The apps are all there, as is the ugly stock start up wallpaper.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_eek:

OP
bocabean

bocabean

Reaction score
I can go one better. Prior to pressing the panic button and re-running the fdr again, I read through some other sites and came up with the idea of clearing the cache on launcher related apps. Unfortunately, I do not recall which one I found, but I did clear the cache. Once I rebooted, the phone restarted as if the OS had been freshly re-installed again. All the standard icons and animated gui stuff that shows you what to press when you first start using the phone were there....and so were all of the apps and everything else that I had downloaded and reinstalled.

So all that I did was to follow my saved home screen screenshots to mirror image what I had previously. From my laptop backups of the internal and external sd cards, I brought over anything else that was missing. Bottom line is that I am now back in business. I will have to notify the developers of MyBackup Pro to see if they can determine what went wrong when I did the data restore. And btw, not all of the data restored, so that is still an open item, but at least I did not have to re-install approx 100 apps again.