favorite recipes thread

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How do you like your beef

(Not sure if i asked this question before.. having deja vu) But how do you prepare and/or order your beef.

How do you cook it when you bbq.
How do you order when you go to a steak joint?

To note: I was told by many that putting steak sauce on someone else's steak they prepared for you is considered as almost a sign of disrespect (and if you have to put steak sauce on a steak prepared at a restaurant then they did a poor job). Do any of share the same ideology.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Re: How do you like your beef

Medium well at both places. I agree that if you need to add any sort of dressing then it wasn't cooked properly. Medium well gives you great flavor with just the right amount of natural juices. Mmm, you made me hungry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Always medium/rare for steaks. Ribs, smoked for 14 hours, various rubs and sauces. Hotter the better for me, so I tend to use sauces made of Habaneros... :D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
medium rare, no matter how it's cooked; bbq, pan, broiler, etc.

Here's my thoughts on sauces; it depends. I've been to a few restaurants where a sauce compliments the steak and very nicely too(especially the sauce from the juices and sauteed mushrooms, yum). However, if I notice a restaurant has A1 sauce available, I know their steak must not be too good either so I usually tend to stay away from their steak.

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
medium rare, no matter how it's cooked; bbq, pan, broiler, etc.

Yea I used to try medium but it always came out overcooked... I like pink inside my steak :) (Yes I refrained myself from saying something else) :blink:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
And I also live Chinese spare ribs.. never figured out why they are smaller than regular ones tho ...

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7

Aren't the Chinese just smaller people in general? That'd explain the size difference. :p

+1 for hot and spicy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
My downstairs neighbor BBQ's every night... could be 20 below ... now which do you prefer, gas or charcoal?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Rub it down with olive oil, throw nature seasoning on it...

Get a flame so hot its next of kin to the flames of hell, throw the steak on there for 45 secs to a min on each side...move to medium heat for two n a half minutes each side... and its done...:) A1 please :) need it for the fries.

I like charcoal..cause I like to take an onion, slice it, throw nature seasoning on it, a couple of pats of butter, a few strips of bell pepper wrap in foil, throw it on the coals.. and corn with butter, wrapped in foil... throw that on the coals too..

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
+! on Charcoal, but I gave up A1 a long time ago and use horseradish sauce now... so good..

Rub it down with olive oil, throw nature seasoning on it...

Get a flame so hot its next of kin to the flames of hell, throw the steak on there for 45 secs to a min on each side...move to medium heat for two n a half minutes each side... and its done...:) A1 please :) need it for the fries.

I like charcoal..cause I like to take an onion, slice it, throw nature seasoning on it, a couple of pats of butter, a few strips of bell pepper wrap in foil, throw it on the coals.. and corn with butter, wrapped in foil... throw that on the coals too..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Over at the Taurus armed forum, I'm only a member, but they have threads like this.. we already have a friendly motivation thread... why not a favorite recipes thread??? They don't need to be "healthy" cause we all don't want to eat healthy all of the time...

My favorite food in the world is to take brisquet and pound out my own chicken fried steak:)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I like the idea... and btw, if you don't have horseradish sauce and get Chinese ribs, ask for a side of spicy mayonnaise on the side for dipping.. :)

Over at the Taurus armed forum, I'm only a member, but they have threads like this.. we already have a friendly motivation thread... why not a favorite recipes thread??? They don't need to be "healthy" cause we all don't want to eat healthy all of the time...

My favorite food in the world is to take brisquet and pound out my own chicken fried steak:)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Man tough because I always been on the side of charcoal but then my dad bought this 500 propane grill and I saw how convenient and yet tasty the burgers came out. SO I say buy both propane and a charcoal pit.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good idea Brandon. So here it is lets see what you guys can come up with.

(grabs note pad and pen...realizes he has a note 2 and put pad and pen back).

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Man tough because I always been on the side of charcoal but then my dad bought this 500 propane grill and I saw how convenient and yet tasty the burgers came out. SO I say buy both propane and a charcoal pit.

Well I ould have to go Hickory wood, charcoal then, gas... if I wanted to cook on gas I'd cook in my kitchen. Plus the Hickory and Charcoal ad flavor..

I like those nice bacon wrapped filets that have out... although bacon never cooks all the way through :p

I'm sure CJM got some nice surf and turf recipes.. <g>