Favorite Contacts issue

DiaperDandy

Reaction score
Mine is doing that. It calls the next person in my contact list. I posted a thread about it with no reply. Apparently its just you and me. And unfortunately deleting and restarting the widget didn't help for me.

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking it might be some kind of bug. Hopefully there's a fix for this soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

idefiler6

Reaction score
First widget I trashed when I bought this thing. Never bothered with it or even thought about it. I use Animated Widget for contacts if I need to have a widget (really only use my home and GF's number on it). Otherwise I replace the entire blur/verizon contacts with GO Contacts and set my favorites through the Google account.

n8pbm

Reaction score
My problem with the favorite widget is that my contacts disappeared. I went to add them back and the contacts were already selected. Click done and they were back. Only happened once. No problems with calling however.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Mine is doing that. It calls the next person in my contact list. I posted a thread about it with no reply. Apparently its just you and me. And unfortunately deleting and restarting the widget didn't help for me.

Did you try "un-favoriting" your contacts and redoing it?

DiaperDandy

Reaction score
Did you try "un-favoriting" your contacts and redoing it?

Yea I tried that also to no avail. There was only one thing that fixed it for me. My favorite contact was leah and it was calling the next person in my phone book, Lindzee. I deleted Lindzee from my phone entirely and the quick contact started calling leah like it is supposed to. Like I said that fixed it but I'm not going to keep deleting people from my phone just to get the widget to work.

LBrooks

Reaction score
My issue with the faves widget is when I first started adding photo id's to it ~ somehow - for some reason - it duplicated all the contacts in my phone :icon_eek: ... I started to go through and delete the dupes - and it re-created the ones I deleted ... so I started all over (deleting the dupes again) and again - it re-created the ones I deleted *sigh* ... I have 300+ contacts so it sort of became a problem ... I turned off wi-fi, mobile, roaming - everything and it finally quit, thank goodness.

DiaperDandy

Reaction score
My issue with the faves widget is when I first started adding photo id's to it ~ somehow - for some reason - it duplicated all the contacts in my phone :icon_eek: ... I started to go through and delete the dupes - and it re-created the ones I deleted ... so I started all over (deleting the dupes again) and again - it re-created the ones I deleted *sigh* ... I have 300+ contacts so it sort of became a problem ... I turned off wi-fi, mobile, roaming - everything and it finally quit, thank goodness.

Do you have Facebook set up on your phone? cuz a few of my contacts did that also but I thought it was Facebook's fault because one contact was the phone number and the duplicate contact included the info that person had on Facebook.

DiaperDandy

Reaction score
First widget I trashed when I bought this thing. Never bothered with it or even thought about it. I use Animated Widget for contacts if I need to have a widget (really only use my home and GF's number on it). Otherwise I replace the entire blur/verizon contacts with GO Contacts and set my favorites through the Google account.

Well now I'm just befuddled. I trashed the quick contacts widget and downloaded animated widget like you suggested, and animated widget does the exact same thing. It must run deeper than just the widget. I hope we get a fix for this soon.