"Fascinated" by verizons excuse about my screen

zero7starz

Reaction score
I'm glad you got the issue resolved. Sorry, if you were my customer and I saw that and determined that it was under the screen (i've seen very few things that leave that kind of mark on a screen) I would have replaced it in the store for you too, inventory permitting (we're always out of everything...). However vzw cc on the phone is very helpful and they will 90% of the time replace your device for you.

mtz_gto

Reaction score
Call Verizon. Tell a CSR that you are having screen issues. They will have a new one FedEx out to you by the next business day.

It's always better to deal with a phone CSR in these type of issues then the store.
What Hook said - call *611 (800-922-0204), be CALM and speak to the rep. Let them know about the screen. I would not mention you were at the store and the almighty manager made a proclamation already. They cannot refuse to return something because you didn't use a screen protector that they suggested at the store. That is not part of the terms and conditions of owning a VZW phone. The only thing is, the store may have put a note in your file that you were at the store. So, unless it is mentioned to you, tell them about the defective screen and a replacement should be sent out to you. The key to all of this is to remain calm, don't be a boisterous make a scene type of person. It appears by the way you handled the store manager, you are a calm person which is good. :)

+1 nicely put! Couldn't of said it better myself.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Call Verizon. Tell a CSR that you are having screen issues. They will have a new one FedEx out to you by the next business day.

It's always better to deal with a phone CSR in these type of issues then the store.
What Hook said - call *611 (800-922-0204), be CALM and speak to the rep. Let them know about the screen. I would not mention you were at the store and the almighty manager made a proclamation already. They cannot refuse to return something because you didn't use a screen protector that they suggested at the store. That is not part of the terms and conditions of owning a VZW phone. The only thing is, the store may have put a note in your file that you were at the store. So, unless it is mentioned to you, tell them about the defective screen and a replacement should be sent out to you. The key to all of this is to remain calm, don't be a boisterous make a scene type of person. It appears by the way you handled the store manager, you are a calm person which is good. :)

+1 nicely put! Couldn't of said it better myself.
It comes from 2-1/2 years in a VZW call center experience.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
I would not have left the store until they replaced that phone. It blows my mind that a person would let them do that. Go back to that store with your big boy pants on and demand some service and get your phone replaced.

and, in my store, making demands is the first way to NOT get what you want.

if anything, you MIGHT leave with what you are entitled to, but i am not going out of my way to help you.

or, you'll leave empty handed, same way you walked in.

What is your name and store you are at , VZ corporate might like to hear this.
Verizon is not in the business of making angry customers, but sounds like you are.

fishmstr

Reaction score
I would not have left the store until they replaced that phone. It blows my mind that a person would let them do that. Go back to that store with your big boy pants on and demand some service and get your phone replaced.

and, in my store, making demands is the first way to NOT get what you want.

if anything, you MIGHT leave with what you are entitled to, but i am not going out of my way to help you.

or, you'll leave empty handed, same way you walked in.

Well that's nice Signum but don't forget you have a boss also. :) With that said, you always catch more flys with honey, but sometimes manure works just as well.