Fascinate & PDA net

Spartan

Reaction score
Anyone using PDA net with the Fascinate yet? How about the Droid2 Any problems? I'm looking at moving my parents over from Blackberry to Android and this could help save them a few dollars. Thanks in advance.

pottedmeat

Reaction score
Fascinate and PDA net

Yes. I picked up my new Samsung Fascinate from a Verizon store last night. Enabling PDANet was near the top of my to-do list, along with disabling Bing and some other crap. I used PDANet practically every day with my previous phone, the original Motorola Droid. Today, I downloaded the PDANet app from the Market onto my new phone. I then installed PDANet 2.45 along with my license key onto two laptops - Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP 32bit. I clicked the option to install the new USB drivers, as my first attempt failed to recognize my phone when I did not click this option. When installing the new USB drivers, you will select your phone manufacturer. The Windows 7 install went smooth and clean. The XP install displayed the New Hardware Wizard for 3 different devices (USB device, modem device, etc.) The first wizard worked, the second one did not, the third one did. I forgot what the second one was for, but I am using my PDANet connection through my Samsung phone right now to post this message, so I guess the stuff is working ok. If I have any issues in the coming weeks, I'll post an update here.

JimmyD

Reaction score
This is good to know! My wife just upgraded from a Blackberry Curve to a Fascinate and we will likely be loading PDAnet on it. She knows I've used PDAnet on my Droid and likes the idea that she can do the same thing on her Fascinate.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks pottedmeat for the update and offer to provide additional updates.

Mike

pottedmeat

Reaction score
Update

Hi. I mentioned above that I would post an update if I had any problems. I have had no problems, but wanted to post an update anyway on my PDANet usage with the Samsung Fascinate and Verizon. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now. I work from home one or two days per week, and I stay connected to my company's VPN all day using PDANet. I'm using my Windows 7 64bit laptop with the Cisco VPN Client version 5.0.07.0290. I hope this helps anyone who might have concerns with PDANet and Fascinate. Have fun.

Frijolero

Reaction score
Sorry for resurrecting and old thread.

Just trying to find out if anyone is PdaNet on a 32bit computer with XP...?

I have a Droid2 and use PdaNet on my windows 7 64 bit laptops with no issues but I have had trouble with linking my moms Fascinate to her laptop.

Anyone have a link to a proper driver?

silverram323

Reaction score
Im having trouble also, i keep getting this. laptop is a toshiba 32 bit vista OS.
Help please.

rcpike72

Reaction score
My wife got the fascinate, she has 64bit with windows 7. Pdanet will not work ??? It wont download the adb drivers from the phone. I took computer and phone to verizon,after 2 hours they couldnt get it going. Then to the geek squad and still a no go. What am I doing wrong?? It works as a usb device but wont download the adb drivers so pdanet wont work or even install???? Please help

silverram323

Reaction score
I just installed the pdanet to the computer, turn debugging on in the phone, start up the pdanet on the phone, click on the pdanet on the computer and click connect . Done it works for me, I'm on it right now since my local Internet is not working.

rcpike72

Reaction score
I sure wish my wifes worked that easy, my droid 2 works on her computer but her phone wont... It will not download the samsung adb drivers..... verizon couldnt do it either... maybe a bad phone ??

silverram323

Reaction score
The only thing i downloaded on the phone was PDANET in the market place. That should be the only thing you need to do.

gonwk

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Total newbie ...

Q1: Has anyone installed Free Version of PDANet? And how do you like it?

Q2: Any instructions on how to install the PDANet Free Version?

Q3: How does PDAnet compare to EasyTether?

Thanks,

G! :)

stimpyerin

Reaction score
k so i have been trying all day to get pdanet to work.. i had it before with my htc eris so its on the computer but now i cant get it to work on the computer or on samsung fascinate... i can get to the point where i am installing and it tells me to turn on my debugging and i turn it on but it just takes me back and forth to the same 2 error boxes... any ideas?