Fascinate Owners Should Expect FroYo Update... If Documents Are Right

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
gsfroyo.jpg

Many Fascinate owners are still waiting for the FroYo update that has been taking Europe and Canada by a storm; and it seems if Verizon’s comparison docs are accurate you might be getting something this week. The comparison document that was previously leaked by AndroidCentral shows that the Fascinate will have Adobe Flash, and to date, that is only available to FroYo users. That means an update should be expected to keep that document legible, if an update isn’t provided then we can say Verizon lied to us.

I do believe the update will not be too hard to accomplish since every other carrier in Europe and Canada are already pushing out the update. What do you guys think about this? Think this is enough to get us the update or the document is too old to trust? Reply below.

Via: (Verizon still expecting to get Froyo on the Fascinate by 2011? | Android Central)

Steeeler

Reaction score
Thanks for the update!

It sure would be nice to finally get Froyo. We have a lot of stuff waiting to drop once the update comes.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I do not have my hopes up. When have they actually released anything on time? For nay device? There are always delays. Don't get my wrong, I will be ecstatic if this happens.

vraposojr9

Reaction score
Why? Why? Why?

Does anyone know any official reason why Samsun is so far behind the Droid Lines? Even the newer X and Droid 2 have Froyo and owners are already expecting gingerbread soon.

Why isn't Fascinate able to handle 2.2??

:icon_ banana:

nothing0

Reaction score
Does anyone know any official reason why Samsun is so far behind the Droid Lines? Even the newer X and Droid 2 have Froyo and owners are already expecting gingerbread soon.

Why didn't they put as much ram in the fascinate as the X?

Why does the phone feel sooo slow compared to the X or D2?

Samsung has a great looking device that is falling short in software and hardware.

Cole119

Reaction score

Why didn't they put as much ram in the fascinate as the X?

Why does the phone feel sooo slow compared to the X or D2?

Samsung has a great looking device that is falling short in software and hardware.

From a hardware perspective, the Fascinate is the supreme Android phone on Verizon. If I remember correctly, the reason the Fascinate feels so slow has something to do with how it writes data to memory, but I think there are fixes for that. I still think the Motorola phones feel the slower than the Fascinate or even the Incredible.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I think it's just that Samsung is slow on their end with updates where as Moto has been rushing out the updates for VZW and HTC isn't far behind them. As for Speed the droidx to me seems faster than the fascinate but again that's just my opinion...

EvilDragonX

Reaction score
Ill be glad when (and if) this drops. Ive had no complaints with mine, the exception of the blasted screen lock bug. As for the moto droids getting the updates so fast, I think Verizon considers thr ones with the actual Droid name more of a flagship phone, maybe thats why.

trentphipps

Reaction score
Did anyone happen to notice that on the comparison chart it shows droid x with 256mb of ram and it actually comes with 512mb

Scott2373

Reaction score
FroYo on Fascinate

This whole debacle has got me really steamed! I bought THE Android phone to have this year because I was expecting it to be updated very shortly after I purchased it on Oct. 24. Now 2 months later and there is still no response from Samsung or Verizon about the delay in upgrading or even a definite date! You can imagine how p*ssed I was when I learned that the Nexus was getting Gingerbread before we even get FroYo!!!! The Fascinate is the best Android phone currently on the market and we owners are getting the shaft! I believe we should all blow up Verizon's and Samsung's inboxes with angry letters of disapproval for their lackadaisical attitude towards us Fascinate owners. It seems that we've been left behind for the whole 4G initiative. I personally am not pleased!

funkdoctor

Reaction score
No offence, but the Fascinate is the best Android phone on the market - to you. I don't really have an allegiance to any one device, but honestly the Fascinate didn't really rank very high to me. What did you expect buying a non Google experience phone? Your phone is going to be one of the last (if ever) to be updated every time. No hate, just saying they are going to please the pure Google phones first (Nexus S, One, Droid 1, G2) and then the more popular phones will come next. I just feel like you are unjustly placing the blame on Verizon - you should have known that the Fascinate wasn't going to be shown any favortism when Google wouldn't include it on their phones site.