False alarm, Droid Incredible not being phased out....

J

JohnDroid

droid-incredible-not-discontinued.jpg

We took the original rumors of the Droid Incredible being phased out with a large, Mt. Everest sized grain of salt. It didn't figure. I mean, why would you phase out a phone that's selling so fast that you can't even keep up with demand?

The answer? You don't.

MobileBurn did some investigating and got the word straight from the horses mouth. Verizon is not phasing out the Droid Incredible, it was simply just another unsubstantiated internet rumor.

So, Incredible fans can relax safe in the knowledge that their precious is still in production and will remain so for the forseeable future. Thanks to Shadez for the tip.

Source: HTC Incredible Forum & MobileBurn.

wingsabr

Reaction score
Thought so...though there is some truth to it because if HTC doesn't get their cr@p together it will be "phased out" by the Droid X very quickly from consumer choice. I would have bought one when I got our family plan a couple of weeks ago, but all they had was droids so that's what we got. (great choice in retrospect FWIW)

Chris-pee

Reaction score
Thought so...though there is some truth to it because if HTC doesn't get their cr@p together it will be "phased out" by the Droid X very quickly from consumer choice. I would have bought one when I got our family plan a couple of weeks ago, but all they had was droids so that's what we got. (great choice in retrospect FWIW)

I was at the verizon store saturday and watched about 10 people get shot down wanting Incredible's. I know at least three of them walked out with Droids.