Failed install of Roms.

OP
W

will17721

Reaction score
I am using safestrap. I had to factory reset my phone a few weeks ago cuz it kept freezing and i then rooted then i install safestrap installed recovery then did what the pages told me to do and i ended up with a black screen.

nu2droid

Reaction score
okay let me rephrase that. i was stuck on a black screen and you could tell it was on.

I have had this also. Here was my fix (workaround)
Install rom and wipe everything as instructed.
If stuck on the black screen, pull the battery then power on the phone.

It sounds simple but this has worked for me. Almost everytime I wipe the dalvic cache i get the black screen your talking about.
Hope it helps.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This can also happen if you chose "reboot" before flashing. before flashing, I always choose "Power off" then manually power on before flashing.

OP
W

will17721

Reaction score
trying the power down then power on and hopefully that works. i hope to god it does. i really want to flash a rom onto my phone. and @vbhokiefan i wish i would have known that earlier instead of just rebooting lol. thanks for the support guys. i really appreciate it :D

OP
W

will17721

Reaction score
so i decided to update my system to 5.7.906 and i rerooted again then tried and still the black screen and i even tried to download the 5.7.906 version of the roms. still didnt work and i tried to pull battery didnt work and power down manual power up. someone help soon please. starting to hate the d3 btw.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try not doing the wipe after you install the rom..
so..while in safe mode
wipe data
install rom
reboot

OP
W

will17721

Reaction score
okay so this is angering me to the extreme. i really want to flash a working rom onto my phone but its not working. i can flash AXI0M D# cm9/kang 4.0.3 all fine and dandy but when it comes to any other (spearmint gummy, mavrom, cm9, aokp, cm 7.2.0) literally any rom out there, it wont flash past a black screen after it gives me the option. and yes ive looked all over these forums and i havnt found anyone with the problem i have. so if someone/anyone can help me i would be really appreciative.

Verizon moto D3, 5.7.906, Stock rom hopefully not for much longer.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what version of safestrap are you using?
if your using 2.10 i would suggest going back to 1.08
as 2.10 is built for kexec support so if your trying to run a non kexec rom you might run into problems

OP
W

will17721

Reaction score
im on 2.10 and i couldnt even get kexec build roms to flash. ill try it and report back tonight.

OP
W

will17721

Reaction score
I still was on 2.10 and Igot the most recent build of cm9 to flash so I'm good now. If Ihave anymore problems ill try installing the earlier recoveries and try flashing something else

D1ck3y

Reaction score
Mavrom 4.5.is working for of on save strap v3. 04. Works great and runs sweet.

OP
W

will17721

Reaction score
i can run things good now. but theres still some roms out there on the d3 list that wont work for me at all

D1ck3y

Reaction score
Check out sd 5. 6 the ics rom. If your can flash it I would. It's sweet and has lots of tweeks and features! Just read the sticky Cus it's not 100 yet but good enough to be and every day rom