Factory reset

SiLVERFIRE

Reaction score
I just got a notification "26 apps successfully recovered."
Including all my paid apps.

So that should answer your question - yes. Now I officially don't understand why people need to back up their apps, with the exception of perhaps evading any unwanted updates.

nooter99

Reaction score
I backup all my apps onto sd card using astro file manager, so I guess they're safe if they're on the card, right? Does Google "keep track" of ALL my apps, or just the paid ones??

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I've restored a few times now; at first app restore from Google was automatic, then not. After the market reset in the middle of catching up and the rest of my downloaded apps disappeared off the list I started backing up. That was before I had any paid apps though; I'm assuming the market wouldn't lose track of those, but I backup everything anyway. I use System Panel which keeps multi version archives making it easy to roll back from a bad update (that feature's in the paid version, IIRC).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kennercooper123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola
factory reset only wipes out internal memory data, the rest data will be safe.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Not true, factory data reset erases everything. Anything you would like to retain, you must have backed up to an external sd card, the cloud or pc.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Factory reset will remove data, all Apps, pics and all custom settings. It returns the device to the way it was when you opened the box..

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
A factory reset can also make apps dumb upon reinstall. I've seen where I had stuff downloaded to the sd card for apps (themes for widgets, etc). Did a reset on the phone and the data for that app was still on the sd card, but the app couldn't see that I had any themes downloaded.

It's been a while since I experienced this, and things may have changed. It may also have been an issue with that app specifically vs an all around problem.

Something to keep in mind though. Even though this thread is 5 years old...