SD Card

Coots

Reaction score
So, on a factory SD Card... what all is suppose to be on it?

I've looked at my files w/ Astro, and when I plug it in to my PC I see all sorts of files. WHat is suppose to be on there by default? After a factory reset, can you just delete everything, unless you have music/pics etc?

Reaction score

I've looked at my files w/ Astro, and when I plug it in to my PC I see all sorts of files. WHat is suppose to be on there by default? After a factory reset, can you just delete everything, unless you have music/pics etc?

I have no clue what is and is not supposed to be there except the stuff I have put onto it. I would leave it alone because it might be something important. You do have about 16 gigs, so space shouldn't be an issue.

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
Room really isn't the concern. My concern is when I look at the SD Card, old apps have folders on there.

Handcent, Zedge, Where etc. etc.

Wondering if you can not only clear your phone, but the SD Card as well.

GerryG35

Reaction score
I downloaded NeatPix (a gallery app with online galleries) and ultimately decided it wasn't for me and uninstalled it. It left a ton of pictures spread over several folders on my SD. I'm still cleaning it up. I don't know, I expect that if you uninstall an app, it should clean up before leaving!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah, just delete it. But before you do make sure you're rooted. You'll have a nice Droid shaped paperweight.

Penguissimo

Reaction score

Yeah, just delete it. But before you do make sure you're rooted. You'll have a nice Droid shaped paperweight.

Really? You think you can brick your Droid by removing the data files for uninstall apps?

Aiesline

Reaction score
Easy way to find out. Take your sd card out and try to boot your phone. If there are required files on it. It won't boot. If not... it will.

Suggestion two. Install a cheap small mini sd that's empty. See if you can boot and if it puts new stuff on the card.

Beyond that I don't know. But either of those things won't mess with the data on your currant card and will allow you to find out.