Factory Date Reset

minh5942

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I am newbie please take it easy on me. I bought my Droid X one month ago. I like this Droid X a lot. The LCD screen is beautiful and big and many convienence features to use. My Droid X is already flash Metro Pcs. My concern is if I have to do Factory Data Reset. Will I lost all my Metro setups MMS with picture, text, web, wifi. I am not worried contact list. I have that backup already. I hope someone will response soon. Thank you

turdbogls

Reaction score
i am sure it is the same way with metro and Verizon. when you do a factory data reset, you will loose all that information. you will have NO text messages, no recent calls, nothing. the only thing you will recover is your contacts and your apps you downloaded.

OP
M

minh5942

Reaction score
Hi Turdbogls, What about my Metro PCS service. Do I still have Metro Pcs service? I still can make phone call and text or do I have flash to Metro Pcs again. That is my main worry. When I do Factory Data Reset. I will lost Metro Pcs flash. Thank you

xliderider

Reaction score
The Factory Data Reset basically restores the phone's files to an "out of the box" condition, so the answer is "you will have to reflash to Metro" as the device isn't set up natively to work on Metro pcs service.

xliderider

Reaction score
My concern is if I have to do Factory Data Reset. Will I lost all my Metro setups MMS with picture, text, web, wifi. I am not worried contact list. I have that backup already. I hope someone will response soon. Thank you

A good alternative to the FDR is to root your phone and install Droid X Bootstrapper. That will install an alternate recovery program called Clockwork Mod Recovery on your phone. Using CWM Recovery, you can make a complete backup of your phone's filesystem and use that to restore your device should anything ever happen. The advantage to the FDR is, your backup will contain all the modifications and user settings that were on your device at the time the backup was created.

Therefore, it is advisable to make backups regularly and before loading anything major on your device that has the potential to mess it up.

Edit: Once rooted, you should also install and use Titanium Backup. TB will also backup and restore apps, along with user settings and data, as well as the system apps and settings. I'm not positive it will restore the Metro flash information/data, but I'm pretty sure it can.

OP
M

minh5942

Reaction score
Hi XliderRider, Thank you for fast response. I appreciated your infor. This is exactly what I thought if I have to do factory data reset. Thank you again.