Droid X can not send text with picture attachment

minh5942

Reaction score
I have droid x that is flashed to Metro PCS. I have used this service for 3 months. Since yesterday I can not send text with picture attachment to anybody. When Press Send the Text and the picture do nothing. It seems to be freeze. Never have this problem before. I wonder if anybody know any change from Metro Pcs network. Do I need to change anything from my setup(APNs or Proxy setting). Please give me some advices. Thank you in advance.

Famousamos

Reaction score
Are you using a specific text messaging app? I've been using handcent and I have been having trouble sending attachments.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
M

minh5942

Reaction score
Hi Famousamos

I am using the stock text app. What is your problem when you send the text and picture attachment. When I send my is just hang and do nothing. I don't have this problem before. When I send text only no problem. I know the picture file is only 100k size. That should not be problem. I can send it from email with picture attachment no problem. But I want to from the text app. I need more help please. Anybody help.... Thank you in advance.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see what your problem is right away. You're flashed to Metro PCS.

I can't tell you the number of people who I see with problems doing basic things with Metro PCS. First MMS, as you probably are aware requires data. I've heard of people having issues with data all the time using Metro.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Metro PCS sounds great when you first hear about it but when you use it it's another thing. I'll bet that you're not even running 2.2 Froyo on your phone. If so that's because it's not allowing you to upgrade. If you are running 2.2 then it was either shipped with it or it came from a Verizon person who upgraded it.

Anyway, bottom line is not much you can do about it unless you switch carriers.

OP
M

minh5942

Reaction score
Hi Hookbill
Thank you for your fast response. I think there is minor change on setup that I can change. It wills correct this problem. It works before so it should work again.
My system version is 2.3.9 Android version FlyXv0.1 Final

pool_shark

Reaction score
Hi Hookbill
Thank you for your fast response. I think there is minor change on setup that I can change. It wills correct this problem. It works before so it should work again.
My system version is 2.3.9 Android version FlyXv0.1 Final

I believe he was referring to the Android version.

OP
M

minh5942

Reaction score
Hi Hookbill
I found my problem on text message with picture attachment. The culprit is Juice Defender app blocking picture file send out. I have to disable Juice Defender temporary. Now I am able to send text with picture. Everything is good now. Thank you everyone for all your helps.

Last edited: