facetime with droid is it possible

pauly9214

Reaction score
i was gonna buy iphone so i can facetime with my daughter but the salesmen said the droid can do that also and if i had any trouble with i phone i would have to go thru apple to fix so i went droid i believe i waqs misinformed....any way possible for droid to facetime with a ipod?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome to the forum...I saw someone mention that there is a Tango app for both devices that will allow you to video chat...they would be available in each devices app market...

MotoDroid82

Reaction score
I would recommend using Fring for face time video chat on your android device. I have been using it for 2 weeks and no problems. You can download that from the market and is very user friendly.

This message was sent from my Unlocked/Rooted Galaxy Nexus.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Can't you use Skype? In use my nexus to Skype with desktops. I don't know anyone who has an iPhone, but I know they have an iPhone Skype app so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
It is possible. I use it all the time and you weren't misinformed. I use Tango and Skype. Both available free in the market.

Sent from a Phone

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Skype is better then any other video chat available. You can use it on android, iPhone, TVs, bluray players, kitchen appliances and soon to be in cars.

jlangbourne

Reaction score
skype on Droid

I just signed up for free on skype. Now I need to figure how to activate the video when calling someone who also has skype. If someone has facetime and I have skype, can we see each other when talking or do both of have to be using skype?

razr_

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Razr
i was gonna buy iphone so i can facetime with my daughter but the salesmen said the droid can do that also and if i had any trouble with i phone i would have to go thru apple to fix so i went droid i believe i waqs misinformed....any way possible for droid to facetime with a ipod?
Did you ever get the chance to FaceTime with your daughter?