Facebook syncing

x25064

Reaction score
I am running into a bit of a problem here, and am hoping someone has figured this out.

When I manually join my contacts with their facebook accounts via the facebook app, at times and often random, it will change their actual name from my google contacts to the facebook display name. As you can imagine this proves most annoying when a users facebook name is a nickname, or a contact such as "dad" is now John Doe.

Has anyone found a way to correct this problem?

The exact process I am using is this:
-Find contact via searching friends in facebook app
-Tap contacts picture to display bubble menu
-Select contact icon from menu
-Press menu hard key on phone
-Select edit contact
-Press menu hard key again
-Select join
-Contact name changes during join

droider4life

Reaction score
From what I've found so far the names from Facebook have to match ur contact name else it wont sync right..

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
That doesn't resolve my problem.

I have tried editing the name in my contacts and it ignores the name given by gmail and instead uses the one given by Facebook. When I try to edit facebook information it says that it is not possible on my device.

Capt_X

Reaction score
I've had the same problem for some time only for about a dozen of my contacts though. The majority of my FB contacts show up the way I have them in Gmail contact manager. Would love to find a solution. Funny thing is my wife has a Droid Eris and her FB contacts show up last name, first name, which is what I am trying to accomplish.

stacks04

Reaction score
i had a similar issue. i am friends with a guy named dave, not on facebook. i am also friends with his son dave on face book. the problem is in my contacts i only have the dads cell number under dave xyz. the sons name on facebook is listed as david xyz. the facebook sync put the sons pic and name under the dads number in my contact list. it really messed me up for some time because i thought i was texting the son. hopefully i did not rat the kid out accidentally:icon_eek:. i tried changing names in my contacts ect nothing worked. i had to unsync facebook and delete the contact. then add it back in. i have since turned off the facebook sync because of those stupid things.

rgn2000

Reaction score
I don't understand the tap on picture thing. When I go into Facebook then friends and I try to tap on the person's picture I get their page. I don't get the options. What am I missing?

Thanks

eliassami5

Reaction score
I don't understand the tap on picture thing. When I go into Facebook then friends and I try to tap on the person's picture I get their page. I don't get the options. What am I missing?

Thanks

if you have deleted that persons contact from your phone then it will not give you the option to click on their picture in facebook. You have to delete your Facebook account by going to home>menu>settings>accounts>facebook account>remove account. Once you have removed it then you can go back to the facebook app and log in again and you will be able to click on everyones picture.

rgn2000

Reaction score

Thanks

if you have deleted that persons contact from your phone then it will not give you the option to click on their picture in facebook. You have to delete your Facebook account by going to home>menu>settings>accounts>facebook account>remove account. Once you have removed it then you can go back to the facebook app and log in again and you will be able to click on everyones picture.

I never deleted any of the contacts. Could it be because I have Facebook at "do not sync?"

rgn2000

Reaction score

Thanks

I never deleted any of the contacts. Could it be because I have Facebook at "do not sync?"

I justed deleted the Facebook from applications..re installed facebook and still no links when clicking on pictures.