Facebook Syncing Question

YeahYeahYouWere

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeat, I have been searching for literally 2 hours trying to find an answer and I cannot.

All I want to do is add a contact to my Incredible and sync it with that person's facebook profile so pictures and such are available.

What I do NOT want is EVERY facebook friend I have showing in the list when I hit the "Phone" button. All it does is populate the list with a hundred people I will NEVER want to call or text and make it harder for me to find the people I want.

Is there any way to either delete a person from the "Phone" button list? Or add a contact and sync them individually to facebook? If I have to do it the long way I don't care, I just want SOME way to do it. I have tried everything I can think of, and nothing seems to work.

Thank you in advance.

SubMatrix

Reaction score
as far as i know, no, there is no way to stop this. However, once you start making and receiving calls, that list gets pushed down by your call history anyways, so its not a big deal. I go through the People app (which you CAN filter out fb contacts for) in order to make my calls.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I dont have this issue... Did you chose "SYNC WITH EXISTING CONTACTS" or "SYNC ALL"???

SubMatrix

Reaction score
STIDRIVER, you're also on a Droid, which doesnt have this problem. It is an Incredible issue.

OP
Y

YeahYeahYouWere

Reaction score
Yeah STI, I noticed that the names moved down the list as I made and received calls, so it wouldn't be the end of the world. But I am a bit anal about things like that, and the fact is I think it's a terribly stupid implementation, so even if the names were out of the way and I never had to see, I would be annoyed that they were even there.

In the end, I am just not syncing to Facebook, because it seems like it's impossible to do it the way I want to (even though I think any normal human being would see the merit in letting it be done that way) and it's just not worth the hassle.

Thanks for the input. Cheers!

Cory

Reaction score
Go to people, settings, view, and select "only contacts with phone numbers"

JNLemons

Reaction score
Go to people, settings, view, and select "only contacts with phone numbers"
I have been having an issue with contacts repeating themselves. In People i would have John Smith with his facebook info then there would be like 15 other John Smiths right behind him. i was trying to link them all together but this fixed it for me. thanks.

twigadee

Reaction score
I actually did this on accident earlier today. If you go into the person's contact, and scroll through the little icons on the bottom, you'll see an icon that looks like a refresh button. If you click that it gives you the option to link that contact to Facebook, which allows you to see their photos and their updates, without linking everyone else as well.