Cannot remove facebook contacts!

lisasha3

Reaction score
I have the classic issue everyone else has had in the past (including myself!) - facebook contacts showing up where you dont' want them.
I Installed Handcent, then decided didn't want it. Anyways - ALL my facebook contacts are showing up in my contact list only when I go to Text message someone.
1) I have gone into my contact list > View > Facebook is UNchecked
2) I have turned off the sync Via Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync > Facebook For HTC Sense > sync contacts is UNchecked
3) I have also logged out of my Facebook account (app is called "facebook" only)

That said....when I look at all my applications in the main Menu there are 2 Facebooks apps. One just says Facebook. The other says Facebook for HTC Sense. I cannot uninstall either (of course!). What am I missing? It's annoying the crap out of me! Help!
Thanks!

PaulQ

Reaction score
Let me guess ... you are not rooted?

I had this problem and I'm trying to remember what I did. I think I did everything you did and deleted my exchange account. I rebooted. Then I added the exchange account back. Let it sync. Then logged into Facebook making sure it was not set to hook the two together. Basically I tried to start as fresh as possible.

I'm not sure that's it. My approach was "start over."

Its frustrating.