facebook friends are all now in contact list? help?

Python423

Reaction score
Few days ago I downloaded a Facebook Ap called MyFriends, which I thought was suppose to just take your freinds list and u link it to a facebook account and it uses their picture.. this app costed 99 cents.. anyways, I manually linked a few people from my contact list to the facebook ap and updated their pictures..

All was fine for a few days, then I started playing with the facebook widget or social networking thing that comes on one of the home screens, I set that up.. Dunno thats what Imported all my facebook friends to my contact list or not? But seems to be aroudn the same time frame.. And I cant seem to find any settings on that ?? anyone familar with this? How can I remove all the facebook contacts from my contact list (or put them in another group, like facebook group) or something, easily? but still use the facebook ap to allow pictures to contacts that I use, or have in my current real contact list?? any help would greatly be appreciated..

bjb.butler

Reaction score
Android 2.2 should be able to link your contacts automatically, with no need for an extra app to do it for you...

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk

ZPrime

Reaction score
All was fine for a few days, then I started playing with the facebook widget or social networking thing that comes on one of the home screens, I set that up.. Dunno thats what Imported all my facebook friends to my contact list or not? But seems to be aroudn the same time frame..
Yes, that's what did it. It's the MotoBlur-ized version of Facebook.

remove all the facebook contacts from my contact list
You can't, other than removing the Facebook account from Accounts in Settings.
(or put them in another group, like facebook group) or something, easily?
They already are arranged in a separate group. Fire up the contacts app, hit menu, and play around in there, you can hide the Facebook category.

but still use the facebook ap to allow pictures to contacts that I use, or have in my current real contact list?? any help would greatly be appreciated..
Can't do that. MotoBlur's version of Facebook sucks. On stock Froyo you're able to just use the normal Facebook app, which then provides its own sync conduit which gives you the "only sync existing contacts" option. MotoBlur's Facebook conduit blocks out the normal one.

tobytl

Reaction score
The app he was talking about let's you do that. Pick and choose which friends to sync, and has contact picture syncing too. I don't know much about it, as I don't use teh bookface. But I know a few people that use that app.

To the OP, you should be able to go to Settings->Accounts & Sync->"Your FaceBook Account", there you can disable contacts sync for facebook. Give it a minute, and they'll disappear from your phone (it is not instant, and my require a reboot).

WhiteSoul8

Reaction score
I noticed this also. It's not much of a problem for me because I realized how the phone works. It categorizes your contacts by groups. If you go into the contact application and click on the "contacts" bar - which is the second line down from the top, you can tell it which contact source you'd like to see. I selected "google" because it eliminated the facebook contacts.

If this option was "more in your face" less people would have concerns about the changes in the way their contact list is displaying.

ZPrime

Reaction score
It categorizes your contacts by groups. If you go into the contact application and click on the "contacts" bar - which is the second line down from the top, you can tell it which contact source you'd like to see. I selected "google" because it eliminated the facebook contacts.

If this option was "more in your face" less people would have concerns about the changes in the way their contact list is displaying.

The thing is though, if you hook it up to a Bluetooth car kit... ALL of that stuff synchronizes. So yes, while you can filter through the contacts on the phone itself, when you hook it up to a car you get tons of useless contacts that you don't want.