Stop Facebook Contact Sync

NauticalQT

Reaction score
stop facebook from syncing contacts on Droid X

In Facebook settings you can chose which friends to show in contacts. All, none, or only ones that you have already in your contacts.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Where is this setting? Because I can't find it....
And from what I understand, there's a difference between the Facebook app itself, and Facebook Account?

How do I make sure I'm using the app and not the acct? I went to the Market, and it says I already have the app installed. Not sure how to access it separately from the acct.
I was having the same problem on Droid X and it was driving me crazy!
Click on the house button to get to your Main Screen
Click Contacts button {person icon} your contacts will appear
Click Menu button {I think it is called...the one on the phone itself that is at the far left}
Select Display Group
Select Phone contacts

This is make it so it only shows the contact that YOU entered, not facebook and others. It worked for me immediately...I hope it helps you.

NauticalQT

Reaction score
how to stop facebook contacts from syncing

In Facebook settings you can chose which friends to show in contacts. All, none, or only ones that you have already in your contacts.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Where is this setting? Because I can't find it....
And from what I understand, there's a difference between the Facebook app itself, and Facebook Account?

How do I make sure I'm using the app and not the acct? I went to the Market, and it says I already have the app installed. Not sure how to access it separately from the acct.
I was having the same problem on Droid X and it was driving me crazy!
Click on the house button to get to your Main Screen
Click Contacts button {person icon} your contacts will appear
Click Menu button {I think it is called...the one on the phone itself that is at the far left}
Select Display Group
Select Phone contacts

This is make it so it only shows the contact that YOU entered, not facebook and others. It worked for me immediately...I hope it helps you.

akjordan

Reaction score
Anyone having an luck with this? I've been having major issues with my contacts because everything syncs. I deleted my facebook "account" on the droid, but the contacts are still being pulled in... Anyway to stop this from happening?

akjordan

Reaction score
Open Contacts >Hit Menu >More >Manage Accounts. Delete the Facebook account, once deleted, power the device off and wait a minute. Then power the device back up and the Facebook contacts should be removed...

Which OS do you have? Because this sadly is not working on my phone... If only it was that simple! :(

Earthdog

Reaction score
Im new here and this may be because Im so green but... Some of this advice does not apply to the D2. I cant find the 'menu' option within contacts for example.

What DID work for me is deleting my FB in Accounts. This isnt the best solution either b/c now of course I cant use the FB stuff since I dont have the account set up (or am I wrong).

EDIT: I just went and DL the FB app like this thread said and I can get into it again... :)

Last edited:

akjordan

Reaction score
Im new here and this may be because Im so green but... Some of this advice does not apply to the D2. I cant find the 'menu' option within contacts for example.

What DID work for me is deleting my FB in Accounts. This isnt the best solution either b/c now of course I cant use the FB stuff since I dont have the account set up (or am I wrong).

By menu, they just mean hitting the button with the 4 little squares on it.

I deleted my FB under accounts and no change for me yet... But I'm starting to find a lot of other problems associated with my contacts. I think what I'm going to have to do is a factory reset and just import everything from Google... sigh.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you want FB w/out all the sync issues, download the FB app from the market - won't sync contact info/pics, but will allow you to view/update FB info from your Droid, and has a widget that works pretty well.