facebook contacts just appeared in phone contacts

Chumley

Reaction score
My wife got a droid 2 a couple weeks ago and all has ben fine until today. I'm not sure what she has done but somehow all her facebook contacts just showed up in her phone contacts list and I can't delete them with out removing them from her friends list. I remember reading about this when I got my X but I forget what the fix was. Any one know how to fix this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife got a droid 2 a couple weeks ago and all has ben fine until today. I'm not sure what she has done but somehow all her facebook contacts just showed up in her phone contacts list and I can't delete them with out removing them from her friends list. I remember reading about this when I got my X but I forget what the fix was. Any one know how to fix this?

You have to remove the sync from facebook. Then those contact will disappear. It's in your settings.

OP
C

Chumley

Reaction score
thanks, uh where do I find it. Apparently this all happened while she was trying to upload some pics.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Settings/Account/Long Press on Facebook, then delete, remove sync, whatever the appropriate step is.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
its in the settings under accounts & sync. disable facebook sync.

you may want to check the fb app as well as I believe there is an option to sync there as well. I might be mistaken.

*DroidForums app DOES*

OP
C

Chumley

Reaction score
long press on facebooks gives 2 options; remove account or open account. Do I have to remove the account?

Kelt

Reaction score
Having a similar problem with Twitter contacts.. can anyone step me through the process that will remove them from my "all contacts" list?

bran-bran

Reaction score
i clicked remove account but all the facebook contacts stay in the phone still. they really annoy me and i cant get them off any suggestions?

Reaction score
Home screen/menu/app drawer/contacts/long press on the bar with the plus sign under contacts: a-z, press gmail shouldnt show facebook contacts unless they've been manually added

bran-bran

Reaction score
i dont have app drawer. is that something i need to download from android market?

Reaction score
Sorry ignore the /menu/ I put there. App drawer is just where all your icons for your installed apps/services etc are shown.