facebook contact desktop shortcut

drewshaver

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone having problems creating a desktop shortcut using a facebook contact? Going to contacts I can see all my contacts (gmail+facebook). Holding the home screen, shortcuts, contact, i see only gmail contacts. i have snyc on for both facebook and gmail. i tried turning off snyc for gmail but that didnt change anything.

Please let me know if you know how to do this (other than adding a gmail contact); or if you know this is by design.

Thanks, Drew

OP
D

drewshaver

Reaction score
For the interested..
There are some useful folders (hold desktop->folders) such as:
facebook phonebook
starred contacts
all contacts with a phone number

this is not exactly what i wanted, but it is a workaround to some respect.
(i am looking for a desktop icon for a facebook only contact)

cplum

Reaction score
I am new as well. I imported my contacts through my exchange server and then also synced facebook contacts with my existing contacts. I was able to make a shortcut of my sister's contact that was updated with her facebook picture onto my desktop.

OP
D

drewshaver

Reaction score
I am trying to make a shortcut of a facebook-ONLY contact. Have you been able to make a shortcut to any of your facebook contacts that arent on your exchange server?

cplum

Reaction score
I did just add a new facebook contact so it was facebook only and it worked.

cplum

Reaction score
I just read your post again. Try hold on blank desk. Shortcut. Contact. Find contact and add.

OP
D

drewshaver

Reaction score
Are you certain you did not have any other record of them as a friend? At step 'find contact and add' the only visible contacts are my non facebook contacts. and menu button does nothing at this step

cplum

Reaction score
OK this is really wierd. I have like 1900 something contacts from work, so I found that if you open the and use the physical keyboad and start typing in a name it will start finding the contacts. If I just go to contacts to add to shortcut contacts, I do not see the facebook only contacts. However if you start typing the contact name on the phsical keyboard it will pull up the contact and you can add it. Hope this helps.

cplum

Reaction score
Sorry for the broken English I got interupted about 10 times by my wife trying to type the last post. Basically once you get to the stage of selecting the contact, open the keyboard and start typing the name and you will see the contact.

OP
D

drewshaver

Reaction score
THANK YOU so much this is exactly what I was looking for. Kind of a ridiculous bug but at least you found this workaround. I also tried the search button to no avail, it does find the contact but proceeds only to open the contact not make a shortcut.
thanks again, drew