Merged Contact Issue

Guitar4Him

Reaction score
I have a situation in my Contacts where a Gmail contact and a Facebook contact have merged and become one contact. It happens to be a father and son.....I've had the father's contact info in Gmail for a good while. When I got my Droid recently, I set it to add Facebook contacts to my contacts list. I'm friends on Facebook with the son so his contact info came over with the Facebook additions. What's happening now is that the contact shows up in the contacts list under the son's name but has all the father's info. Searching for the father's name doesn't even show anything. Actually, I'd like to have both contact (separate) in my contacts list. Anybody got any ideas about how to separate the two?

OP
G

Guitar4Him

Reaction score
Thanks! That removed the merge. Now, the father's contact info is showing up in the contact list. However, now the son has disappeared from the list. Where did he go?

eliassami5

Reaction score
It has either made a different contact for the son or deleted it all together. If it did delete it then follow these steps:

Go to contacts and make a contact for the son
Go to the facebook app > friends > find the son
click on his picture (while still in the friends list tab)
click on the contact icon > menu > edit > join > then join with the contact you made in the first step.

Done. Also you might want to go to gmail on your computer and then go to contacts, its much easier to edit and delete unwanted contacts from there. If you have duplicates it will recognize them and delete them, then it automatically syncs with your phone.

OP
G

Guitar4Him

Reaction score
Thanks....I had already figured out to log out of Facebook and then log back in and sync the contacts. It worked....only problem.....I have a ton of Facebook friends.....you know the drill.....you accepted a friend invite even though you're not really close. Now, my contacts list is huge. Is there any way to go in and individually remove some of those "friends" that don't really need to be in the contacts list?

eliassami5

Reaction score
Thanks....I had already figured out to log out of Facebook and then log back in and sync the contacts. It worked....only problem.....I have a ton of Facebook friends.....you know the drill.....you accepted a friend invite even though you're not really close. Now, my contacts list is huge. Is there any way to go in and individually remove some of those "friends" that don't really need to be in the contacts list?

did you check the box that said "sync all friends" instead of the "sync with existing contacts"? Try going to your gmail account then go to contacts and see if all the facebook contacts appear there, you can delete them there also. But never had that problem so i dont really know of a faster way to do it.