Desktop shortcut to contact groups

jazzyboy

Reaction score
I am re-posting this, since I haven't received any replies to my original newbee post, and I can't believe no one else is interested in this problem. I have created several contact groups, i.e., "friends", "family", "business", etc. I don't really care if they don't automatically sync with my gmail account, since they don't change very much once having created them. But it is at least a three step process to get to one of these groups to change from say, "all contacts" to "friends". All I want is to put a desktop icon or a shortcut on my desktop for each group so I can get there in one click. Has anyone done this? Can you clue me in?

Thanks

joekinde

Reaction score
I'm with you. The only way that I've been able to do something similar was to create a desktop folder, and then individually place contact shortcuts in the folder. Unfortunately, this is not a dynamic process and it's hard to do simple things like sort by name. I'm looking for a solution like the one that you described.

OP
J

jazzyboy

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. It seems that contact groups are embedded in the contacts app, and I can't figure out how to get directly to the groups. I would have thought that my request was such an obvious need that it would have been addressed long ago.

Lisanor

Reaction score
I would also like to be able to do this. I haven't found an app that will do it either, without doing a ton of extra work. It seems intuitive that you should be able to long press an empty spot on the home screen and have a shortcut to contact groups be one of the options.

Beka27

Reaction score
I've been using Circle Launcher for one-click contacts. Add the group to the widget and it will place it on the homescreen.