Facebook App

Dolfan

Reaction score
I just Flashed Lithium Mod Collision themed and it has Facebook 1.5 whatever in it, when trying to update the Facebook app...while it trys installing after downloading it comes up with the message install failed, package was not signed or something like that...any ideals??

Bob

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Rom you have comes with FB which means it's located in system/app not data/app, which is where market apps get installed.

Delete FB from system/app, reboot, download and install new FB from market.

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score
The Rom you have comes with FB which means it's located in system/app not data/app, which is where market apps get installed.

the uninstall button is not clickable thru system..apps to uninstall it

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

the uninstall button is not clickable thru system..apps to uninstall it

Correct because it's a system app. Use a file manager like Root Explorer or Astro, navigate to system/app and delete Facebook.apk, reboot and install market version

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score
Correct because it's a system app. Use a file manager like Root Explorer or Astro, navigate to system/app and delete Facebook.apk, reboot and install market version[/QUOTE]

I uninstalled it used the usb cable and home computer....I just installed the UDVenom themed Facebook...cool...thanks

Bob

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score
Question..off topic,,.How can a person find out if a Rom is Froyo based or Gingerbread based before you install it...? I think I like the Gingerbread roms better..

Bob

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Usually the dev will state the base used in the OP

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, from my hTc Thunderbolt