Extremely indecisive.. Droid X now or Bionic Later?

space pope

Reaction score
Ok, so here's my delimma. I'm currently on AT&T, and I'm looking to switch over to a droid phone on verizon. My phone currently is horrible, and I am desperately in need of a new one.

However, this may or may not be the best time to get a new phone, since the new 4g dual core bionic is coming out in, maybe a month or so?

The thing that is worrying me is the data plan. I heard that Verizon is thinking about switching over to a tiered data plan, and that 4G will cost even more than the current 30 dollar per month 3g plan.

So this is my dilmemma. I don't know which route to take. I sure as heck don't want to pay MORE than 30 dollars for data plan, but I really want the newer generation phone.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Ok, so here's my delimma. I'm currently on AT&T, and I'm looking to switch over to a droid phone on verizon. My phone currently is horrible, and I am desperately in need of a new one.

However, this may or may not be the best time to get a new phone, since the new 4g dual core bionic is coming out in, maybe a month or so?

The thing that is worrying me is the data plan. I heard that Verizon is thinking about switching over to a tiered data plan, and that 4G will cost even more than the current 30 dollar per month 3g plan.

So this is my dilmemma. I don't know which route to take. I sure as heck don't want to pay MORE than 30 dollars for data plan, but I really want the newer generation phone.

Find a friend with an old phone to hold you over till the biobic if that's what you have your heart set on.

trailblazen

Reaction score
you and everyone else in this delima (I "was" one of them in the same boat as you for same phones but I did my research and looked at the specs). Wait for bionic. Period. Just start reading through the Bionic forums and the comparisons of phones. You won't go wrong waiting for the DB.

OP
S

space pope

Reaction score
The only problem is the data though. Verizon is already expensive as "insert expletive"

I don't want to pay, I'm assuming now, 40 dollars a month for 4g.

wooddale

Reaction score

I just talked to Verizon 5 min ago they said no such plan if you have 3G plan now it turns to 4G I have a droidx now with plan planning getting a Bionic as soon as they come out Im rooted and overclocked and I love my droidx its a very good phone but like you say newer is better Id wait if you can or pickup something cheap to get by till it comes out

OP
S

space pope

Reaction score
But I'm not on verizon right now, so will there be a new 4g vs 3g charging system?

OP
S

space pope

Reaction score
Alright, thanks guys! looks like i'll wait another three weeks or so and switch over to verizon

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
But I'm not on verizon right now, so will there be a new 4g vs 3g charging system?

I Think you should hold out for the Bionic. I have a BB Storm 1 I have to reboot it at least 6 times a day. I am dealing with it to wait on this phone.. If you can buy a regular cheap phone from EBAY that is on AT&T. Then buy the Bionic when it is released. Or just hold on to your phone longer.

Vito.a

Reaction score

We are just guessing based on past performance. I doubt Verizon will start a tiered 4G data plan very soon. They need as many 4G users as they can get right now. The 4G market is still very small, but they have plans to expand it to over 130 new markets by the end of the year.

The only thing you may loose by waiting a month is the free tethering until May 15th.

pattikate

Reaction score
I doubt Verizon will start a tiered 4G data plan very soon. They need as many 4G users as they can get right now. The 4G market is still very small, but they have plans to expand it to over 130 new markets by the end of the year.

The only thing you may loose by waiting a month is the free tethering until May 15th.

I'm kind of in the same boat as Space Pope, although I currently have a crappy feature phone with Verizon and want to use my upgrade for a Droid. If I wait for the Bionic, should I be fairly confident Verizon will still offer the unlimited $30 data plan? I'd hate to see it go tiered and capped just as Bionic is released. I'm not quite sure when Bionic is going to be released, but hopefully it will still be while the unlimited data plan is ongoing.