Extended Battery Showdown

LBrooks

Reaction score
Moderate to heavy user ~ in and out of 4G - 21hours - 20% left (that was yesterday) - right now I'm at about 9hours running - I've got roughly 70% battery power left ...

I get pretty good battery life out of the standard and extended battery both ... the standard slim will last me most of the day (from morning 'til bed time is what I consider all day - I wake up early most of the time and go to bed late late) - the extended battery lasts me *about* 2 days ...

Zregnier

Reaction score
14.5 hrs up and still have 42% left. Moderate usage on 4G all day.

I'm also running the Unleashed ROM ans loving it. Not a whole lot that's different from stock, but definitely better and so far bug free.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
With my typical usage I can make it through one day - last night when I finally got home around 10:00 I was at 3% - I unplugged at 6:30am

Your typical usage must be fairly heavy then?

I use my phone lightly during most days and moderate to very heavy at night. I usually get about 25-30ish hours w/o having to charge. I have wifi on auto toggle, full brightness, have done 2 or 3 power drains, use beautiful widgets and have battery set to performance mode. My phone unfortunately drops 4g on occasion so I pretty much leave it off till the update, though when I left 4g on all day, I'd say it was still about 25 hours. Honestly, this is with a good amount of web and/or market browsing, hours of music, hours of kindle, beautiful widgets for weather, and other widgets or little things that use battery.

Edit: Also, I wanted to add that I tried using this app Widget Locker Lockscreen and it DESTROYED my batteries life. With the same everything else as above, my phone would be dead by the time I went to bed that night, as opposed to 4am the following night. Basically, twice as fast. I thought it was beautiful widgets first but eventually discovered this was the problem. Just fyi...

Last edited:
OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I used it light to moderate I'd probably be able to get 20 hours out of it.

However if you play a game you're using the screen, volume, frequently the internet, etc... and that's the biggest drain I've found.

If I avoid gaming then it will last pretty long.

I don't do anything at all to save the battery. I feel that it's unnecessary since I get so many hours and I have plugs all over the place. I want to use the phone not baby it.

thunder550

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Works great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Battery monitor widget works great as well. More options for widget customization, and more features. Better widget IMO.

13 H 50 M on battery here, moderate usage. 2% left.

50 min voice calls

12h 49 min phone idle

1 h 5 min screen on

Used BT to run a couple credit cards today.

I was not impressed at all with the stock battery. I still am not impressed with this one...it's better but still pretty weak. I went through the list of freezable apps yesterday and froze them, was hoping that the 50-something frozen apps would help battery life. Nope.

I have a Xoom that I just sent to Verizon for it's free 4G upgrade. Looking forward to getting it back so it can share some of the load.

Last edited: