Extended Battery and Cover Fit

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Where has everyone purchased the Droid Pro extended battery and cover? I could only find it on the verizon wireless website and I don't want to spend $50 on it. Any suggestions?

I have the Verizon extended battery and back cover. Before I bought it I looked at just about every vendor that sells cell phone batteries. Verizon, as far as I can tell, is the only one selling it. You can buy what they call an extended battery from Siedo, but it is a relatively small increase over the stock battery...it's not worth the expense in my opinion. If you're going to spend money...get the Verizon extended battery...it's worth it.

DroidToro

Reaction score
And be careful buying third party batteries from anyone else besides seido. I got some on ebay and the droid refused to charge them and will not report usage. However, I have an external charger and these cells work well as emergency cells. I keep one in my wallet and it saved me a few times.

Sent from my DROID PRO

jeffym

Reaction score
So what would be the best extended battery I could purchase that would let me use the orginial back cover?

Thanks.

There is only one made by seidio:

seidioonline.com

And be careful buying third party batteries from anyone else besides seido. I got some on ebay and the droid refused to charge them and will not report usage. However, I have an external charger and these cells work well as emergency cells. I keep one in my wallet and it saved me a few times.

Sent from my DROID PRO

thanks guys

LKKASH

Reaction score
Can you help me out here? I'm in Pennsylvania and the Verizon store where I got my Pro told me they don't have extended batteries for the pro because of the back cover fit. I called last week. They told me to check Motorola, which doesn't show extended battery on their website under Pro accessories. Not to appear dense but can you point me in the right direction. Need one really bad :) Thanks.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Can you help me out here? I'm in Pennsylvania and the Verizon store where I got my Pro told me they don't have extended batteries for the pro because of the back cover fit. I called last week. They told me to check Motorola, which doesn't show extended battery on their website under Pro accessories. Not to appear dense but can you point me in the right direction. Need one really bad :) Thanks.

I ordered mine from the Verizon on-line store. I'm pretty sure they still have. The battery and back cover come as a set. Good luck.

DroidToro

Reaction score

Let me google that for you

jwgraves

Reaction score

You must have spoken to an idiot. It's been sold by Verizon pretty much since the Pro came out:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...ryDetails&archetypeId=12362&accessoryId=46443
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...ryDetails&archetypeId=12362&accessoryId=46443

sailcappy

Reaction score
Well I bought the seidio extended battery and it does not give me "extended" time on the battery. It uses the standard back to the phone and you do not need a new one.

Do not waste your time. Ordering the Verizon one today and I will use this one as a back up or try to pawn it off on someone else :)

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Well I bought the seidio extended battery and it does not give me "extended" time on the battery. It uses the standard back to the phone and you do not need a new one.

Do not waste your time. Ordering the Verizon one today and I will use this one as a back up or try to pawn it off on someone else :)

+1 sailcappy. The stock battery is a 1460mAh battery. The Seidio is a 1500mAh battery for $42.95. The Verizon extended battery is a 1860mAh battery for 49.95. There is a lot of difference between a 40mAh plus up for 42.95 and a 400mAh for 49.95.

chinkster

Reaction score
seidio makes one that is 1700mAh as well. has anyone ever tried this one yet?

dinosmongoose

Reaction score
Droid Extended Battery

Where has everyone purchased the Droid Pro extended battery and cover? I could only find it on the verizon wireless website and I don't want to spend $50 on it. Any suggestions?

If you're still looking, I saw it in Amazon, with cover for $23.90. Look on Amazon for : "OEM MOTOROLA EXTENDED BATTERY FOR DROID PRO XT610 BP7X"