@thedose

what is your display settings set for?

I learned how to make it work...

This is the original droid pro battery.

almot 19 hours after being unplugged and it's still only at 80% life

2epspwi.jpg

thedose

Reaction score
I have commented more on this in the "Droid Pro battery life" thread...

First off, I am not running ANY widgets. If you like to turn your phone off then on in the morning you have to make sure to check Menu>Applications>Running Services. There will be a boatload of crapware running in the background. You must make sure to stop all of them except for the following:

FOR THE RECORD, THESE PICS WERE TAKEN ON DIFFERENT DAYS SO DISREGARD THE BATTERY METER UP TOP!

25zhzps.jpg

5bxt75.jpg

Next, Make sure you set your network to CDMA and not global (learned this from my blackberry) Menu>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Network Mode Set to CDMA

Next ONLY run wifi when needed!, I also have bluetooth and gps off.

I put my screen timeout time to 2 minutes (learned that from iphone)

If you have an email client that does push/poll, set the polling time to 1 hour (unless you really need it to be less)

Here's a picture of what my display is set to:

dpftw0.jpg

katiejean20

Reaction score
Where has everyone purchased the Droid Pro extended battery and cover? I could only find it on the verizon wireless website and I don't want to spend $50 on it. Any suggestions?

mrhenryb

Reaction score
Where has everyone purchased the Droid Pro extended battery and cover? I could only find it on the verizon wireless website and I don't want to spend $50 on it. Any suggestions?

I got both mine and my wife's through VZ over the phone we got a corp discount 25% paid $27.00 rep gave us an additional 10% discount not sure how this can transfer if at all

Check to see if your company has a corporate discount I listed the rep I worked with Larry Montero in another thread dancedroid

katiejean20

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I work for a small law firm so I don't think that discount would apply to me.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Any update on your battery life with the extended battery? A pic would be nice too!
I put the extended battery in mind about two weeks ago. With moderate use (text, email, web) I get about 30-35% more battery life...no problem going from 6AM to 11PM with 40% battery left. I think it is worth the investment...$49.00 if I remember from the Verizon online store. The local Verizon store didn't have the battery in stock. The back cover that comes with the battery just flattens out the portion around the camera. I could not tell any difference int he over all thickness of the phone...there is probably some though.

rza49311

Reaction score

I just ordered one from verizonwireless.com and the promo code BAT30 worked! I was able to get $15 off plus it already came with free overnight shipping. Total came to $36.75 :icon_ banana:

nosdog2

Reaction score
I just tried the BAT30 and it didn't work for me, came up expired. :icon_evil:

nosdog2

Reaction score

You're right.

That sucks. Not sure how it worked yesterday but it did.

I guess procrastinating got me this time. Next time I need to pull the trigger quicker and just order it. Oh well. At least they still have free overnight shipping.

rza49311

Reaction score
I just got it a few minutes and gave it to my wife. She installed it and the new extended battery and new cover still fit perfectly with her Motorola Droid Pro Silicone Skin Case(Argyle). :)

rza49311

Reaction score

You're right.

That sucks. Not sure how it worked yesterday but it did.

I guess procrastinating got me this time. Next time I need to pull the trigger quicker and just order it. Oh well. At least they still have free overnight shipping.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...n-24hr-sale-01-20-30-off-droid-batteries.html

jeffym

Reaction score
So what would be the best extended battery I could purchase that would let me use the orginial back cover?

Thanks.