Extended Battery and Cover Fit

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
The battery and cover fit nicely. It came with an 80% charge. It is just slightly thicker with no "bulge". I put it in my wife's Pro this morning without telling her and I'm going to see if she even notices it!!!

Update: She used the phone and didn't even notice it!!!!

Last edited:

mrhenryb

Reaction score
Thanks for the update needed that have my eye on upgrade for myself and da wife in Dec and extended battery and cover are a must have

obieag

Reaction score
What battery did you buy? My wife also is complaining about the battery life on her pro.

Thanks,

kilofox

Reaction score
Got the extended battery yesterday. Agreed, it barely alters the physical dimension of the phone. I wonder if a standard case will fit.... Gonna stop at a store later today and see. Will report back.

b101189

Reaction score
from my knowledge, unless it's a "slim extended battery" which requires no back replacement battery covers, or if it's a soft flexible case then extended batteries aren't compatible with "most cases," but of course I could always be wrong =)

ravenhawk

Reaction score
Don't know if the cases will fit, but I know that the desktop cradle thing for it has a special adapter to be able to make it fit with the extended battery in place.

RadYOacTiVe

Reaction score
Any update on your battery life with the extended battery? A pic would be nice too!

OP
J

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
Battery Life

Not sure, but it is 1860Mah vs 1450, so you would expect much better life. You absolutely cannot detect any "bulge". It looks and feels like it should be there.

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
Just got the extended battery yesterday so can't speak to the life yet, but a couple of observations on the fit and case issue:

Appearance: As has been said by others, the extended battery and cover fit like they should have always been there. The phone is now only slightly thicker; uniform instead of a bulge at the top. I actually think it is easier to hold now. Given how well it fits and looks, I'm a little annoyed that Verizon/Motorola ships the phone with an inadequate battery when the bigger one seems like such a natural fit.

Case: I bought the Verizon black rubberized case before I had the battery. It actually still fits even with the extended battery (a testament to how little the extended battery changes the dimensions). Even with the original battery the case had an issue with the top power/unlock button being a little tough to hit. It isn't any better with the case on the extended battery, but it isn't any worse.

I'll report back on battery performance once I've let it run its course.

androzza

Reaction score
I'm assuming the extended battery won't come with the original back cover... but will the original battery fit with the extended cover? If so, the original battery would still be useful as a backup...

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
I'm assuming the extended battery won't come with the original back cover... but will the original battery fit with the extended cover? If so, the original battery would still be useful as a backup...

I tried it out and the original battery seems to stay seated even with the extended battery in place.

flash24

Reaction score

Good question, never thought of that lol.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App