exporting music on sd card TO computer

KalKing

Reaction score
hello? can any1help me w/HOW TO export all the music on my sd card TO my computer/iTunes? cuz I'd like2burn cd's from the music on my phone! :(
I'veread people's answers&they all say just "connect fone2computer/drag from sd card/&put in2iTunes" but how do u do that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Threeball

Reaction score
Ur phone stock or rooted? Ur cpu win, mac, or something else?

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo using DroidForums App

OP
K

KalKing

Reaction score
still lost&confused

hi&thanx4replying2my inquiry! i have the droid eris (the regular one, really slow) and i have a dell desk top computer w/windows xp. but i use iTunes to download music&burn cd's&import music2my ipod. i have tons of music on my eris&all i wanna do is export all the songs on my fone TO my desktop computer at home (and/or into iTunes) so that i could burn cd's or move them in2my ipod. but i've NOOOOOOOO idea how!! people on here talk about plugging their fones in2their desktop's USB drive&then they say they just 'drag&put songs in2their iTunes' but HOW THE HELL DO U DO THAT? everytime i plug my fonein2my desktop's USB drive, my fone asks if i'm doing that2charge my fone or2import pictures from my sd card.....it NEVER mentions exporting/importing music! it doesn't even give u an option or box i can check. pleeeeeeez help me if u kno how!! thank u!! :)

Threeball

Reaction score
hi&thanx4replying2my inquiry! i have the droid eris (the regular one, really slow) and i have a dell desk top computer w/windows xp. but i use iTunes to download music&burn cd's&import music2my ipod. i have tons of music on my eris&all i wanna do is export all the songs on my fone TO my desktop computer at home (and/or into iTunes) so that i could burn cd's or move them in2my ipod. but i've NOOOOOOOO idea how!! people on here talk about plugging their fones in2their desktop's USB drive&then they say they just 'drag&put songs in2their iTunes' but HOW THE HELL DO U DO THAT? everytime i plug my fonein2my desktop's USB drive, my fone asks if i'm doing that2charge my fone or2import pictures from my sd card.....it NEVER mentions exporting/importing music! it doesn't even give u an option or box i can check. pleeeeeeez help me if u kno how!! thank u!! :)

Gotta warn you up front, it's been awhile since I've used a stock phone or xp so I'm doing this from memory. If something here doesn't work or is confusing, just post a question.

Ok, here we go.

When u plug the phone into the cpu, your phone will have a notification. Check "use as a disk drive" (if not, pull down the notification bar). Then your cpu will have a pop-up asking if you want to import or whatever, just close that.

On your cpu, open up "my computer" and look for a new drive. It will likely be label E: or F:.

(If this doesn't work then there are 2 things to check: 1) on the phone, go menu>settings>applications>development and check "usb debugging". 2)make sure the proper driver is installed on your cpu. You might need to download and install HTC Sync to do that. Just google it for a source.)

Now, in "my computer" open up the drive that is your phone and navigate to the folder with your music in it. It should simply be "Music".

The rest is up to your preference in how you organize music on your cpu. But once you're in the music folder on your phone, you can copy/paste or drag and drop wherever you want.

OP
K

KalKing

Reaction score
thank you!!

thank u sooooooooooo much!!! ur AWESOME!!! i followed ur instructions&was able2get my fone2release all the songs on it on2my computer at home!! i soooooooo soooooooo sooooooo appreciate ur help!!! :)

Threeball

Reaction score
Ur completely welcome.
:)

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo using DroidForums App

OP
K

KalKing

Reaction score
hello, &how r u? this is kalking again...per ur wonderful instructions last time, i was wondering if u could help me w/a continuation of that same issue...? well, ur instructions worked wonders&so i've been able2move music saved on my fone2my computer (&burn on2cd's, as u kno)...however, oddly enough, my fone4some reason doesn't export songs which are older than 6mos. &i dunno why...in fact, songs older than 6 mos. don't even appear in that separate E disk drive on my computer at all. :( plus, like 10 minutes ago, i tried burning some of my newer songs (downloaded few days ago) on2a cd&only 3of the songs downloaded&the rest had an "!" in front of them&my computer said it encountered errors as it was downloading the rest of the songs or something.....do u kno what could mean? u think those un-burnable songs had viruses?? but that can't be cuz i have virus detector on my fone&it said all the files were clean. i'm so confused&sooooo NOT technologically savvy!! :( i just dunno why my fone picks&chooses which songs2send2my computer&which2keep on the fone...&why aren't some songs not burnable either when they don't have viruses on them? :( please help (once again, if u can)!! :(

Hellraiser

Reaction score
All you have to do is take your sd out of phone put in a sd adaper.If have bought a extra sd card they come with one.put in card reader open music download folder and copy to new folder on desktop and there you go.