Exploding Droid 2 Hurts Mans Ear?

You spent our rent money on what !!!!? A Cell phone!!!!! Let me see it!!!!! SLAP across the face and ear with the Droid 2. I can't take it back now you broke it when you hit me with it!!!! i know how to fix it we will say it exploded while talking to you on the phone!!!:rofl3:

You spent our rent money on what !!!!? A Cell phone!!!!! Let me see it!!!!! SLAP across the face and ear with the Droid 2. I can't take it back now you broke it when you hit me with it!!!! i know how to fix it we will say it exploded while talking to you on the phone!!!:rofl3:

Now that is funny lol.......

I think its most likely a hoax. But if there are residual stresses in the glass, its not impossible for it to shatter at random or perhaps shatter when the earpiece outputted a frequency the same as the resonant frequency of the glass. I'm interested to see the outcome of the investigation.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I'm not sure of the Droid 2 setup but by the looks of it the phone exploded right above the ear piece. Odd! On my D1 directly behind the ear piece is the camera, the battery is below that. Odd indeed!

I think neoandgeo are almost right. except it was his girlfriend who hit him with her high heeled shoe after finding out he was fooling around. :rofl3:

Been repairing computers and peripherals a long time. There is nothing, nada, niente in an lcd screen that can explode.:r_c:

I'm calling BS too .. if the screen cracked it wouldn't explode .. he probably broke it himself blamed it on the phone and his wife made a big deal about it and reported the story .. Motorola Is Gonna test it and say it was his fault and Sue the Guy for slander ..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Anything that explodes usually pushes bits outward... All the glass looks in tact. And if there was enough force to cut his ear, you'd probably hear a LOT more than a "pop" and feel absolutely no pain.

My theory, is that he might have just held it too hard on his ear in the right (read: wrong for his ear) spot and the glass cracked, cutting up his ear.

Just took another look at the photo .. either the photo is inverted or this Guy is an idiot .. his left ear is bandaged .. but the blood spatter would only be that way on the phone if he cut his right ear!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

generally when a phone blows up its from the battery being overused. Most cases are when the phone is on the charger and the person is making a phone call. Problem is this explosion would send battery acid everywhere, leave the phone completely unrecognizable and the person using the phone would be dead or severely injured. The only thing i can think of is maybe a proximity sensor was wired wrong and was heating up or perhaps the same thing with the speaker and that caused the glass to shatter but this is gorilla glas, is pretty damn hard to break. I smell shenanigans and if it is this attempt to possibly make money off of this is almost as low as this guys IQ

Steve Jobs warned us all... Holding a device the wrong way can have severe consequences.

I smell a rat. If he was hurt that seriously, why did he stop to get his girlfriend to take a bunch of pictures? He probably stopped by to see Jim Adler, the TOUGH, SMART LAWYER, aka "The Texas Hammer" (his words, not mine);) on the way to be interviewed by the reporter. More likely that he was talking to his other girlfriend on the phone and GF#1 hit him with a 2x4. dancedroid
So you're a Houstonian too? I am out of the state right now but your reference to the Texas Hammer made me laugh.

Mike

Either this guy is very unlucky or a complete idot to think lying about This would get him a settlement. It's as bad as those people that squirt water on the floor of a supermarket n fall trying to get some quick cash. Who knows... with everyone being broke n Xmas coming up sounds like a scam to me.

Back