S7 Edge Explodes, Samsung Being Sued!

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha, it sounds worse than it really was, but thanks. I'll certainly take your advice. I don't like burns, just like the next guy/gal.

For clarification I am not even remotely comparing my injuries to those reported in the cell phone issues, they are horrific and very sad. I was simply raising the point that at the exact moment of such burns the worse they are, it seems...the less rapidly the body responds. I suggest it may have to do with how quickly the damage occurs due to the extreme heat versus how long it takes for the message to make it to the brain.

I want everyone not to discount how serious these injuries depicted are, and that nobody should make light of them. These people suffered terribly and will continue to suffer for an indeterminate amount of time going forward, in some cases the rest of their lives. Any attempt to suggest that these were somehow staged or whatever should be resisted.
I was just referring to you burning yourself, and also losing your house to fire.....

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I was just referring to you burning yourself, and also losing your house to fire.....

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk
Oh! Yeah, well... The house was an electrical fire as the fire inspector determined, and was most likely animals chewing through wires in the attic. We heard them running around up there, then they were actually causing boxes to fall as they were apparently frantically trying to get away from the fire/smoke and get out.

The noise is what woke my wife up at 5:30am. The smoke is what alerted me to the fire. Our smoke detectors didn't actually go off until we were turning the corner from the bedroom hallway to the front door! So in a way, the animals may have cause the fire but at the same time saved our lives. God bless those rodents! LOL!

The hand...stupidity... :confused:

Claps1775

Reaction score
Lol. That is funny. First, having the phone in your back pocket will in time bend the phone. Which mods the shape of the phone and can dmg the battery Ect. Phones do not need to be in back pockets period. I get after my wife on that. Could it be the phone being faulty? Maybe. Could it be the care the owner is on his phone? Yes. Same as getting fat from eating MC Donald's or smoking and getting cancer. People sue over anything. Cannot fix stupid.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Lol. That is funny. First, having the phone in your back pocket will in time bend the phone. Which mods the shape of the phone and can dmg the battery Ect. Phones do not need to be in back pockets period. I get after my wife on that. Could it be the phone being faulty? Maybe. Could it be the care the owner is on his phone? Yes. Same as getting fat from eating MC Donald's or smoking and getting cancer. People sue over anything. Cannot fix stupid.
I actually understand why women put phones in their back pockets now. A friend showed me how big her front pockets were, they can hold change, maybe. Jeans aren't designed like that for Men. We can put a pastrami sandwich, car keys, wallet, etc and still have room for a phone.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I actually understand why women put phones in their back pockets now. A friend showed me how big her front pockets were, they can hold change, maybe. Jeans aren't designed like that for Men. We can put a pastrami sandwich, car keys, wallet, etc and still have room for a phone.
+1

The struggle is real. The wife has a pair of pants that can fit a chapstick tube in the front pocket. That's it. Half the reason she wanted a smaller phone after using my Note 4 since I got the 6P was simply because she wanted a phone she could get into at least her back pocket.

When I shop for pants, I have to be able to keep my hand flat and fit it in the pocket up to the wrist. Ie, if my middle finger's tip touches the bottom of the pocket before my wrist gets to the edge of the pocket, no sale.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
+1

The struggle is real. The wife has a pair of pants that can fit a chapstick tube in the front pocket. That's it. Half the reason she wanted a smaller phone after using my Note 4 since I got the 6P was simply because she wanted a phone she could get into at least her back pocket.

When I shop for pants, I have to be able to keep my hand flat and fit it in the pocket up to the wrist. Ie, if my middle finger's tip touches the bottom of the pocket before my wrist gets to the edge of the pocket, no sale.
I hear Sajo likes wearing those stretchy slim pants too ;)
Easy fit for me, I can't stand jeans tight to my skin, it just ain't right

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Funny, I just found that out a couple days ago to. I was working with a young woman on a project which required iPads. The problem was that the iPads were running out of power midday, so I suggested that we carry battery backups. The one I have is a 10000 milliamp, so it's rather large. When I showed it to her she said I couldn't put that thing in my pockets, and proceeded to show me that the pocket was about as deep as her second Knuckles on her fingers. I thought that was pretty crazy and ask her why do you think they do that and she looked at me as if I had two heads. She said they do it so we have to buy pocket books! At first I thought she was kidding, but a couple seconds later it hit me. I thought, wow, that actually makes sense!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yup. I've got a 10k power bank. I can put that in my back pocket and run the cable to my front pocket to charge my phone up while cruising on my electric skateboard and/or Pokemon hunting. Haven't done much of the latter lately though.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
They need to Make Flame retardant Pockets in Cargos. Those will be perfect. I only way Cargo Shorts all year round.