Expense account app needed!

KSyrahSyrah

Reaction score
App makers, app makers, make me an app!
Find me a find, catch me an app......:wacko:

Sorry, little crazy. I have looked and can't find a needed app; one for expense account reporting.

Here's what I need: date/where/why/how much, and how I paid (I'm the worlds worst for not knowing where cash disappears to, and a running total against a per diem. Also, voice entry. That's all. Oh, for a DroidX.

(And if someone knows that this already exists, please let me know.....)If it does, I just can't find it.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Excel.... Paired with DocsToGo and the native Speech to text capability (or Vlingo). This would be better than an 'app' because you'd be able to edit it via a computer or whatever else. Not to mention be able to have/send it for attachments ect. That's the setup I use and combined with SugarSync. Be really hard for an app to compete.

Oh, and DocsToGo is 50% off from now till Dec 3rd.

techguru

Reaction score
I just researched this last week for an upcoming trip. Expensify seemed the best. It can photograph the receipt and prompts you enter all the info, or you can do it later through their web site. It outputs (from the web site)a nice looking pdf expense report, our you can export to csv or excel, either all the data our create a custom report.

Free for individual users, although they offer additional services for companies wanting to use their services.

All the others I looked at were either really bad, or were very limited samples for expensive paid services.

alan

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just researched this last week for an upcoming trip. Expensify seemed the best. It can photograph the receipt and prompts you enter all the info, or you can do it later through their web site. It outputs (from the web site)a nice looking pdf expense report, our you can export to csv or excel, either all the data our create a custom report.

Free for individual users, although they offer additional services for companies wanting to use their services.

All the others I looked at were either really bad, or were very limited samples for expensive paid services.

alan

Nice find, might check that out. The receipt pic is a cool feature.

joseserna08

Reaction score
Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but I use anmoney. I input all transactions as I go since it's super easy and quick. It's free in the market, also has a paid version.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

pyro6128

Reaction score
check out Xpenser, it syncs online, does all that you want, and you can chart and create expense reports with it. Its what I use for my business expenses

jhalsey205

Reaction score
ProOnGo is also really nice. There are a few different pricing options - i am paying $5/mo (an worth every penny to me).

• I use the device camera to take a picture of a receipt within the application or email (via a unique email address).
  • ProOnGo scans the receipt and automatically converts into data
  • It then plugs the data (name of merchant and amount) into the appropriate field within my company's custom expense report
  • Individual receipts are appended to the expense report on specific tabs
This the most important app on my device as it easily saves me hours tracking and recording expenses.

techguru

Reaction score
ProOnGo is also really nice. There are a few different pricing options - i am paying $5/mo (an worth every penny to me).

• I use the device camera to take a picture of a receipt within the application or email (via a unique email address).
  • ProOnGo scans the receipt and automatically converts into data
  • It then plugs the data (name of merchant and amount) into the appropriate field within my company's custom expense report
  • Individual receipts are appended to the expense report on specific tabs
This the most important app on my device as it easily saves me hours tracking and recording expenses.

I liked ProOnGo, particularly for the OCR capability on the receipts, but I don't travel enough to justify $5/Month, and it was too limited in the free version. I was also a little concerned in reading their terms of use. It seemed I was giving them a lot of rights to use my receipts in ways I might not want. If I traveled every month though, I would certainly give it another look.

Alan

jthous0

Reaction score
Try My Mileage by Michanima

[h=2][/h]
Try My Mileage by Michanima. It will automatically track mileage when you charge your phone in the car. It will also scan receipts. Information is saved to SD card and can be emailed off the device. Everything you need for expense tracking. see michanima.com or search com.leptron.mymileage in the Android Market