exit maps and nav apps?

wmscottmc

Reaction score
How can I exit the Maps and Navigation apps when I am finished with them? If I just back out of the app task killer shows that they are still running, and I assume using up battery.

Thanks

OSX2000

Reaction score
Task killers are unnecessary on Android unless you have a bunch of poorly written apps. Maps and Nav are nothing to worry about. Apps in the background that aren't currently doing anything (syncing, GPSing, etc) aren't using any CPU time; they only leave data in the RAM, and the OS kills those apps automatically when it needs the memory. The battery power used to store background apps' data in the RAM isn't wasting it either...when you kill the apps, the RAM just gets re-allocated, and still takes the same power.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Just make sure to exit navigation and then close the app. Then look at the notification bar and make sure the satellite icon is not there. If it is GPS is did not shut down and that burns battery.

OP
W

wmscottmc

Reaction score
ok thanks. I guess Ill have to stop treating this like my blackberry where there were many apps causing memory leaks, and Id have to reboot almost daily to keep the phone from freezing up.