Exchange

lostinmotoland

Reaction score
Exchange Server - I have everything set up fine with my Corporate exchange. emails, calender and contacts. I can't seem to get the items I send via Outlook (on my corporate account) to show up as sent items on the Droid. Any ideas?

sun-sense

Reaction score
Exchange Server - I have everything set up fine with my Corporate exchange. emails, calender and contacts. I can't seem to get the items I send via Outlook (on my corporate account) to show up as sent items on the Droid. Any ideas?

How did you get exchange to work ?

I tried a number of times and then I tried Evolution on my Linux notebook that worked the first time.

What's the magic handshake ?

ADD: I need to add more detail as I noticed some interesting things.

I was trying to access a system that has a longer domain name ie the exchange server is at (altered text but you get the idea)...

sub-domain.domain.com/exchange/

When it failed, and I looked back at the server section, the /exchange/ part had been removed.

Conversely, I had to add http:// to get it to work with Evolution.

So I wonder if Droid/android doesn't like the longer Domain path ?

Its interesting that Evolution wants the http:// whereas all the directions for Droid/Android show the domain path omitting it. (yes, I tried adding it as a test)

I'm going to try and get to the Android dev forum to see if there is any significance to this.

Of course, if anyone already has access there, maybe they can help.

Last edited:

tcassio

Reaction score
Usually you need HTTPS://mail.domain.whatever.
Exchange works on my Droid no problem.

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was told I needed to use Touchdown for Exchange. I downloaded the trial and got everything working before i purchsed the key to the full version.

Last edited:
OP
L

lostinmotoland

Reaction score
Exchange Sent Emails

Touchdown may be the way to go. Everything works fine with this exception: Emails I send from my Outlook Exchange account don't show up on the Droid. All the sent emails from the Droid are in my Outlook Exchange sent items. Refreshing the account does not resolve this issue.

Verizon gives the typical "duh" and I can't find a thread on-line that even addresses this issue.

?

MarkTNTnash

Reaction score
I have mine on exchange and for the most part it works well. My only beef is not seeing my corp. global list. One biggie for me, no email signature. Over all, I think it functions ALMOST as well as my blackberry did...just need better exchange interface and a signature. Any idea how to get these or is this a common problem??

tcassio

Reaction score
I am the IT Director at my company. As far as signatures, I deployed a program on my Exchange Server that appends a company standard signature to all emails that go thru exchange. It is personalized from the info of the senders AD settings. It even has a different signature fle for internal emails. It handles HTML and plain text emails. The company's namer is Code Two and the program name is Exchange Server Rules. This program will apply the signature to any email that goes thru exchange. (Outlook, OWA, Modile phones).

HTH

MarkTNTnash

Reaction score
I am the IT Director at my company. As far as signatures, I deployed a program on my Exchange Server that appends a company standard signature to all emails that go thru exchange. It is personalized from the info of the senders AD settings. It even has a different signature fle for internal emails. It handles HTML and plain text emails. The company's namer is Code Two and the program name is Exchange Server Rules. This program will apply the signature to any email that goes thru exchange. (Outlook, OWA, Modile phones).

HTH

Thanks for the great info but not sure my IT decision will do that but can ask. Thanks!