Microsoft Exchange Sync to Driod Contacts issues

jsuitor

Reaction score
I am a PROUD owner of a new Motorola Droid formally a Windows Mobile user for many years. I am absolutely impressed! My agency hosts our own exchange server. Reading this forum extensively I tried to sync exchange with the factory installed Droid email app but was unable to, primarily as I had SSL issues. I then choose to use the factory installed app Corporate Calendar and without any issues I was immediately able to sync my emails and calendar from Outlook 2007 to my droid thru exchange. Here are my issues; In Outlook I grouped my contacts by "business name." My droid pulled all the contacts but will not group them. If I open my contacts on droid then open menu>display options and select my corporate account my droid lists all the groups it pulled from my Outlook 2007 account. It then allows me to display the individual "groups" should I choose. As I have over 500 contacts can someone tell me how to list my "groups" instead of by their name?

If not, can someone advise me how to list last name, first name in my droid contacts?

Secondly, in the Corporate Calendar as a widget why can I not show more than (1) upcoming event on the "main screen" (I really wanted to say desktop) when I have ample "white" space to display it? It shows the "first" event and then at the bottom for the "window" it lists # more events! Once again, help!

Unfortunately, a change from Outlook 2007 is not an option and I despriately need my contacts "grouped" and my "up-coming" events by day

Berzerker

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Droid doesn't have support for contact grouping at this time, maybe sometime in the future it will gain that support through an update.

brianr0131

Reaction score
For the corporate calendar widget download Calwidget. It's great. It's really the only one I have found that supports corp cal. it shows about 6 or 7 appointments on a 3x3 screen grid. There are like 6 or 7 size options for the widget too. You'll love it.

OP
J

jsuitor

Reaction score
Contacts

Thanks all for the help. I will try Calwidget. Hopepfully someone can create a widget for the Droid and Outlook that addresses the must have "grouping" and calendar features in Outlook.