Exchange Problems with Steel Droid: 4.5 Gingerbread

fstyle2000

Reaction score
Hi... New here. I just populated my Motorola Droid 3 with Steel Droid: 4.5 Gingerbread. I was hoping for a little different look/feel but I don't think that's what this ROM is about. Anyhow, the first order of business was to add my Corporate Exchange account info as this is most important to me than any other feature. The Exchange contacts are NOT syncing with this ROM! Calendar and Email sync fine. Yes, I've ticked the 'sync contacts' option. Yes, I've waited to see if they sync (it usually happens very quickly). How can I go back to the factory ROM?

Thank you,

Mike

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Hi... New here. I just populated my Motorola Droid 3 with Steel Droid: 4.5 Gingerbread. I was hoping for a little different look/feel but I don't think that's what this ROM is about. Anyhow, the first order of business was to add my Corporate Exchange account info as this is most important to me than any other feature. The Exchange contacts are NOT syncing with this ROM! Calendar and Email sync fine. Yes, I've ticked the 'sync contacts' option. Yes, I've waited to see if they sync (it usually happens very quickly). How can I go back to the factory ROM?

Thank you,

Mike

Sorry to hear about your issue with Exchange. Im currently not able to activate my D3 on my account, so I cant test it out. Im also preoccupied with my v10.0 release for the Droid 1, so I have a lot on my plate. I have not forgotten about the issues that the D3 is having with my ROM, dont worry. I will see what I can figure out.

consultcory

Reaction score

Thank you,

Mike

You can sync e-mail? No dice over here. I am a little confused about the removal of the corporate email application. You can set up a corporate sync account which gives you calendar and contacts, but there's no application to read the e-mail syncing with MS Exchange. There is an MSExchangeService.apk living in /system/apps, but I can't spot the e-mail app.

I did try grabbing the Motorola Email.apk off of a different ROM and installed it, but there's no Exchange support built in, just POP or IMAP. I'm not sure what the missing link is.

I love this ROM, but may have to go back to Liberty or stock until there's an add-on that puts back the corporate e-mail.

chevycam94, if you're reading this, any plans on the above? (Also, keep up the great work!)