Exact same software as the RAZR?

TauntingBull

Reaction score
Will the RAZR MAXX have the exact same software as the RAZR?

Meaning, can we use:
1. RAZR fast boot files?
2. RAZR Root tools?
3. RAZR ROMS already out?

Bipo1arBe4r

Reaction score
The rep at ces said everything is staying the same it just has a massive battery in it hardware and software all stay the same

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
Why would it not have the same software?

Bipo1arBe4r

Reaction score
Some people were hoping it would have ice cream or like some of the pix from an over seas device that looked like a fat razr was bearing a 13MP camera and a 720p screen like the galaxy nexus but nothing had changed at all just a bigger battery and a fatter phone

pinoy_92

Reaction score
no.. its motorola's way of screwing with us and apparently taking our money away. :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Will the RAZR MAXX have the exact same software as the RAZR?

Meaning, can we use:
1. RAZR fast boot files?
2. RAZR Root tools?
3. RAZR ROMS already out?

Just because it takes on the same form factor as the RAZR (but with the retrofitted back and larger battery) doesn't mean its the same phone. There could be a myriad of changes internally from the ODR to the DRM at the component level. Sure, the main chipsets will be the same...same processor, same sound, same radios, but that doesn't mean that other support chips might not be different and therefore the ROM may very well be completely different. That's not to say that it might actually be a true clone of the ODR and that the ROM isn't exactly the same. We won't know for sure until the RETAIL version of the DRM is actually released and someone gets to look into the about phone settings.

Still, the photo below of the about phone page on a RAZR MAXX at CES shows it as being simply a RAZR and the versions of the ROM (6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.US) and other software appear to be identical to a RAZR, which bolsters my theory that they simply took the RAZR and redesigned a larger battery and back cover to make room for it. If so, it also means the battery and back may very well be interchangeable between the RAZR and the RAZR MAXX (maybe???)

View attachment 46188

Also this photo shows the SLIGHT hump in the back of the RAZR MAXX (visible just to the right of center) to further clarify that the back is NOT completely flat and so the phone is still thinner at the bottom than the top.

View attachment 46189

This last photo shows the ODR against the DRM so you can see that although the hump is MUCH less pronounced, it is still there but is also near mid-phone whereas the hump on the ODR is within the top 25%.

View attachment 46190

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sorry...double-post.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Do you think that it will still have the same hotspot issues as the original Razr?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Do you think that it will still have the same hotspot issues as the original Razr?

I wish I could speak to that but I am not aware of the problem you mentioned since I don't use the hotspot feature.

Reaction score
it's been said from the beginning that it's the exact same as the razr but with a larger battery by all who have had hands on with it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
it's been said from the beginning that it's the exact same as the razr but with a larger battery by all who have had hands on with it.

Agreed.

x25064

Reaction score
So I guess were to expect a new phone every three months from Motorola now?

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
So I guess were to expect a new phone every three months from Motorola now?

Ya, after waiting a year for the dang Bionic, now their pushing them out like candy canes. But I think the hold up was LTE.

x25064

Reaction score
Ya, after waiting a year for the dang Bionic, now their pushing them out like candy canes. But I think the hold up was LTE.

Kinda glad I didn't get a razr just because of that. I'd feel a little gypped if I just got a sweet phone and another one came out as soon as I got used to my new one. I was seriously a milisecond away from a razr too. Really nice phone.

Which is why I don't se the point in the razrmaxx, from Motorola's perspective sure, they're raping the consumer blind. From a logical standpoint not so much..if I can crank out 18 hours on my nexus, a razr can sure as hell do the same or better. People just need to be educated in draining and charging for calibration.