Even More Diverse Emojis For Facebook Messenger

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Ever wanted to send your friend an emoji, but the emoji selection excluded your race or gender? Yea me neither its a yellow circle, ive never really had the time to get worked up over it. Over time though Emojis have become an extension of our personality and who we are as people. Why not include ethnicities and genders in our Emojis. It only serves as a way for making all people feel included.

Facebook messenger has just added 1,500 emojis. The new emojis include a divers selection of smiles and laughs. Female police officers, runners, pedestrians, surfers and swimmers have all been added. You can even set your preferred color as default this way you don't have to change the emoji color each time you post. I'll have to play with this the next time I use messenger!

via Play Store

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
umm... color... really... seems almost more racist than making everything one simple color... just another way to show that we are different.... I'm not really saying this correctly, hopefully my point can be extrapolated.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Totes agree. This is lame. When I send someone an emoji I am sending them just that... an emoji. Not a picture of me.
It's an EMOJI. Pretty sure most smiley emojis are bright yellow anyway. Was someone offended by this?

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Totes agree. This is lame. When I send someone an emoji I am sending them just that... an emoji. Not a picture of me.
It's an EMOJI. Pretty sure more smiley emojis are bright yellow anyway. Was someone offended by this?
I was.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk