Error when returning back to stock

pjavan

Reaction score
I originally was on froyo and downloaded the upgrade to Gingerbread (months ago) and it was working good, but I wanted to go back to stock and get the OTA update from Verizon so I followed these instructions:

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/01/how-to-return-droid2-back-to-stock-2-2-to-receive-gingerbread-update/

N
ow during SBF flash it gets to 99% then fails with:

Failed flashing process. Interface BP: Error sending RAM download for bootloader. Device API Error 0xE0030009 Address: 0x1CE000 command: ADDR (0xE0231009p); phone connected

I still tried to boot and it prompts me with "The application Gmail (proces...) has stopped unexpectedly. I get to a backup screen to try to sync and nothing else. I've tried this now 3 times with no fix.

Battery is nearly at 100% and I don't want to keep trying things while draining the battery so I'm really hoping someone can help me out here.

additional info:
  • latest Moto drivers
  • RSD light: 4.9
  • SBF: VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sdb

OP
P

pjavan

Reaction score
I did not do a factory reset when i went into bootloader mode. I actually tried to boot back in to do that now and it gets stuck at the green guy screen.

OP
P

pjavan

Reaction score
When it gets to the android with the triangle and '!' press the search button, then select wipe data and after that completes do wipe cache. Then select restart phone. You'll be golden. Then you can do the OTA.

That worked!! thanks a lot!