eris running bad after update

beneharris

Reaction score
it looks like a lot of people have been having this problem of the phone running poorly after the 2.1 update. is there anything people have been doing to get it running better? i don't want to do the work to root it, and flash a custom rom, because it is my mom's phone, and that will cause her more of a headache than anything.

i am going to do a factory reset, but if that isn't gonna do what i need it to, is there something people have been doing? can we flash it back to 1.5 where it started? or anything like that?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
it looks like a lot of people have been having this problem of the phone running poorly after the 2.1 update. is there anything people have been doing to get it running better? i don't want to do the work to root it, and flash a custom rom, because it is my mom's phone, and that will cause her more of a headache than anything.

i am going to do a factory reset, but if that isn't gonna do what i need it to, is there something people have been doing? can we flash it back to 1.5 where it started? or anything like that?

People have had much better results after a factory reset.

eriscrazy

Reaction score
so if i did a factory restore on my eris it would run faster after the 2.1 update? cause mine slowed down a lot after the 2.1 OTA update! im actually looking into getting a moto droid because of the speed decrease in the eris after the update should i get the moto droid or do a factory reset on my eris and stay where im at?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
so if i did a factory restore on my eris it would run faster after the 2.1 update? cause mine slowed down a lot after the 2.1 OTA update! im actually looking into getting a moto droid because of the speed decrease in the eris after the update should i get the moto droid or do a factory reset on my eris and stay where im at?

Depends. The moto droid is a great phone, all be it more costly and bigger and heavier than the Eris. If you want to switch I'd so go ahead. If you liked the Eris pre-2.1 and want to try to save it then try the factory reset. Afterward you can always get a MotoDroid.

Do this first:

If you don't have Astro File Manager installed, download and install. Back up all of your apps using Astro (Look under Menu, Tools).

If you haven't upgraded to 2.1 yet, make sure, this is important, that you have all of your phone entered contact information somewhere!! Contacts in 1.5 do not sync back to your Google account (they do in 2.1). So make sure you have any contacts you put into your phone but not your google account. Might be a good idea to enter them into google now from the phone, manually, so they will sync after you upgrade to 2.1.