Engadget Browser Comparison Video--Droid vs. N1 vs. iPhone--pretty embarassing

Reaction score
Does the bigger and higher resolution screen of our Droid affect download times, or is that irrelevant?

I think it's irrelevant for download times, but our phones are HTML 5 capable, and the way the website is designed definitely has an issue with android phones in general, hence long load times on both the nexus one and droid. Here's something I posted previously that helps explain the issue:

"Here is a post in the comments section of the full review of the Nexus One on Engadget's site by fatslug

"Hey Engadet if you are going to test a webpage and it's load times how about testing one that follows web standards???

Your website has over 1300 errors on it according to the w3c. If you are going to trash other peoples products for being slow or not loading, maybe it could be because people who DO NOT KNOW HOW to develop webpages are at fault.

Proof in the pudding:
[Invalid] Markup Validation of http://www.engadget.com/ - W3C Markup Validator""

iPirate

Reaction score
Just for the hell of it I tried this with my Droid along with the original video too. And i've never visited Engadget on my phone before.

On 3G, no wifi, I beat the Droid and N1 by far and was about 10 seconds behind the Iphone. So basically, same **** everyone else has been saying.

I'm confused, you beat the Droid and N1 and you were 10 seconds behind the iPhone?

The camera does bother me being slowish, but I changed the resolution to 3mp and tested against the iphone video from phonedog.

The iphone and droid are nearly the same speed, the only difference is that Droid lets you review full screen image before letting you take another picture, the iphone doesn't.

bradford88

Reaction score
what about the opera browser on droid vs iphone 3GS on cleared caches? PIGBLAP the iPhone!!!!

bradford88

Reaction score
hmm i'm gonna load Engadget when i get home on wifi and 3g. damn wireless G.. why no wireless N in phones yet? I have a 25-30Mb/down and 5-10Mb/up from comcast that would kick bootyhole with Wirless N!