Endless circle with SD card mounting, CWM, Nandroid backup, etc.

raptor5k

Reaction score
So I'm trying to do 3, seemingly simple things. I want to install CWM, Create a nandroid backup, and flash a custom rom to my continuum.

So step 1, installing CWM. I flashed the CWM file I found on the XDA forum, specially created for continuum. It took a little bit, but I finally got it to load. Sort of. If I use Rom manager to boot to recovery, or if I just reboot and hold volume down, it's hit or miss. Sometimes I get CWM, sometimes its stock recovery. Very frustrating, I don't know how to fix it. So I'll see CWM, and thinking I'm good to move to step 2, I try to do a nandroid backup using Rom manger. It reboots, goes into CWM, and all is looking good, but then says "waiting for SD card to mount (19, 18, 17, etc. Counting down...)

When it hits 0, it gives a message about not being able to mount the SD card, and then reboots. So I check, mount the SD card, verify my laptop will recognize it, etc. Then try again. Only this time when I try to backup using Rom manger, it goes to stock recovery, CWM is nowhere to be found. WTF? So after rebooting to normal, checking everything out, I try again. This time, I get CWM but the same "waiting for SD card to mount". Aaaaaggggghhhhh! I'm ready to pull hair out, I feel like i'm in an endless circle. Poor phone has been booted 50 times in the last day. Any advice?

EDIT: I should make clear, I have the drivers for the phone installed on my computer. If I just choose "boot to recovery mode" from Rom manger, It goes to CWM seemingly everytime, but if I try to mount the SD card from there, or do the backup from there, I still get "cannot mount SD card".

Last edited:
OP
R

raptor5k

Reaction score
I saw that one but it said froyo, which made me wonder if it would work. Might be worth a shot anyway though,i will try when I get a chance this weekend and let you know.