Enabling Emojis on RAZR MAXX HD with Jelly Bean 4.1

NightmareJunior

Reaction score
Hey, I am the proud owner of a new RAZR MAXX HD. I just got the update to Jelly Bean yesterday morning. While doing some snooping I found out that under settings > language & input > android keyboard settings > add-on dictionaries there is a downloadable dictionary for english emojis.

Now, the issue I'm having is when I download and install the add-on keyboard, leave those settings, and go back instead of saying "installed" like it did a second ago, it says "dictionary available" again. I can repeat this process over and over and get the same result.

However, I also own a Motorola XOOM tablet and after trying this on it, it installed and stayed installed. Now when I type a word such as "cloud" an emoji of a cloud comes up in my predicted words bar.

Has anyone else tried this and gotten it to work on the MAXX HD? If so I'd love the help, thanks!

P.S. Just to be clear, I am able to see emojis on my MAXX HD through Twitter and Instagram, I just can't make them like I can on my XOOM.

Thanks again.

Ayyrock

Reaction score
Hey, I am the proud owner of a new RAZR MAXX HD. I just got the update to Jelly Bean yesterday morning. While doing some snooping I found out that under settings > language & input > android keyboard settings > add-on dictionaries there is a downloadable dictionary for english emojis.

Now, the issue I'm having is when I download and install the add-on keyboard, leave those settings, and go back instead of saying "installed" like it did a second ago, it says "dictionary available" again. I can repeat this process over and over and get the same result.

However, I also own a Motorola XOOM tablet and after trying this on it, it installed and stayed installed. Now when I type a word such as "cloud" an emoji of a cloud comes up in my predicted words bar.

Has anyone else tried this and gotten it to work on the MAXX HD? If so I'd love the help, thanks!

P.S. Just to be clear, I am able to see emojis on my MAXX HD through Twitter and Instagram, I just can't make them like I can on my XOOM.

Thanks again.

I have this same EXACT issue. I can see the little android emojis on Instagram and sometimes through text when someone with an iPhone texts me. Has anybody found a way to fix this? The phone has the option with Jellybean, it'd be nice to use it.

matt_man

Reaction score
I have a RAZR MAXX HD as well and have seen emojis via Instagram, Facebook, and even text message from friends with iPhone's. I don't get how, we can't use them but now we can see them?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Ayyrock

Reaction score
Yes exactly. I can see emojis as well via texts, Facebook and instagram. We're "supposed" to be able to use them now with this new keyboard add on and it works on other phones with jellybean. Why doesn't it work with our phones? It may not be as important to others, but it's still a bug our phones have.

matt_man

Reaction score
I didn't even know we were supposed to have emoji on 4.1, where are we supposed to enable it? Or is it supposed to me implemented automatically?

Ayyrock

Reaction score
Follow the op's instructions at the top of the page. This is where you enable it. I read on another forum that it's supposed to work. I have no idea why the RAZR maxx HD is having problems with it while other phones aren't.

matt_man

Reaction score
I see what you mean, I'm having the same issues as well. That's ridiculous.

Ayyrock

Reaction score
So that's three of us that are having the same issue. It'd be nice if we had more input from others to see if there has been one RAZR Maxx HD that had this done successfully. We have the option to use emojis, we should be able to use it without a problem.

matt_man

Reaction score
Exactly, paying $300 for a phone and having stuff that doesn't work properly is very annoying. Hopefully Google/Motorola will come out with an update soon to have it fixed.

Ayyrock

Reaction score
Exactly, paying $300 for a phone and having stuff that doesn't work properly is very annoying. Hopefully Google/Motorola will come out with an update soon to have it fixed.

Yes exactly. I paid more than $300 for mine so I want to get what I paid for. Everything on the phone works, it's just that one flaw but one flaw is enough. I want to use emojis like any other android phone with jellybean is able to. Our phones are being left out from this feature and it sucks.

matt_man

Reaction score
But I wonder if anyone has brought it to Google's attention.