Emulator Questions

Tadas T

Reaction score
So what's the difference between the paid and free versions of the emulators? Additionally where can I get ROMs?

taypotts

Reaction score
The Paid allows you to Save and Load states of the game. Needed for games that don't allow you to save in the game. The Lite will play just the same, but you can't save your game and load it back up unless it is saved in the game.

reitman1

Reaction score
The Paid allows you to Save and Load states of the game. Needed for games that don't allow you to save in the game. The Lite will play just the same, but you can't save your game and load it back up unless it is saved in the game.

I have the lite version, but have not been able to save my games during save spots in game. I have tried this on several games including Super Mario World, Secret of Mana and Mario Kart. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

taypotts

Reaction score
That's odd? I was able to save Pokemon on Gameboid lite when I played it? If anything I would say just buy them. They are really cheap and a lot of fun to have on your phone.

reitman1

Reaction score
That's odd? I was able to save Pokemon on Gameboid lite when I played it? If anything I would say just buy them. They are really cheap and a lot of fun to have on your phone.

Perhaps in game save only works on Gameboid and not Snesoid? I'll try out Gameboid later tonight when I get home from work.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
So what's the difference between the paid and free versions of the emulators? Additionally where can I get ROMs?

touchy subject, with copyright laws etc... but google would be your friend here.

reitman1

Reaction score

Perhaps in game save only works on Gameboid and not Snesoid? I'll try out Gameboid later tonight when I get home from work.

Just tried something different. Got to a save point in Super Mario World, saved the game, and then without exiting the program, immediately reopened Mario and the save game file was there. However, when I actually exited the program and restarted it back up, my save game was no longer there. It seems like in game save points are going into some cache that gets deleted when exiting from the game. Currently, my roms are zipped on my SD card. Would unzipping them alleviate this? Any help would be appreciated.

Smity

Reaction score
probably not... Usually when you save a game "in-game" it creates a small file usually with a .sav on the end and stores it either in a specified "SAVE" folder or just in the emulators folder somewere.

Roberek

Reaction score
I dont know much about the individual features that you gain by paying, but you should pay for it either way, it takes time and effort to prefect these emulators, and by buying yo can garuntee you'll get any updates when they come out, idk if he releases them for paid before free.

reitman1

Reaction score
I dont know much about the individual features that you gain by paying, but you should pay for it either way, it takes time and effort to prefect these emulators, and by buying yo can garuntee you'll get any updates when they come out, idk if he releases them for paid before free.

I have no problem paying, I guess I just want to make sure that I can use the in game save states as opposed to the program's saved states with the purchased copy. Being able to save at any time doesn't ring true to the original feel of the game.